The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 PM
Charter Member

Default summer solstice karma giveaway - gold Schaller strap locks

summer solstice karma giveaway

Paying a little forward and a little back. Some extras I have laying around.

Reply to this thread. Must be charter member (paying charter membership or sponsor).

I will use a random number generator to pick a winner on June 21.

I'll even pay shipping in continental US.

Items are brand new - I might have tried but didn't use. Truly new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180620_183119.jpg (13.7 KB, 56 views)

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 06-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Default KARMA giveaway rules...

Thanks, Fazool. Best of luck to everyone. Here are the KARMA rules...

It's called the KARMA Giveaway. It's fun and helps build community and, well, good karma!

So, what is a KARMA Giveaway? The KARMA giveaway is a pay-it-forward thing where an AGF member or sponsor has something of value they want to give away for free to some lucky AGF member. He posts a new thread in the General Acoustic Guitar Discussion area that contains a brief description and photo of the item, sets a time limit (generally a week, give or take) and then asks people who would like the item to post a reply in that thread.

After the allotted time has run out the OP (original poster) randomly selects a winner and announces the winner in the thread. The winner makes contact via PM with his shipping address and the OP ships the item to the winner.

There should generally only be one KARMA Giveaway running at a time. That keeps it flowing smoothly and for a good long time. If you have something you want to KARMA, wait until the current one running is finished and then start yours. There might on occasion be more than one running because two people posted at the same time, and that's okay. We just don't want to dilute the fun by having too many running at once.

Here are some basic 'rules' for this:

1.) Items to be given away: These can be anything. They should be (but do not have to be) guitar-related. They should be in good working order/condition (this isn't a way to get rid of your trash!). It should have some value - it can be something as simple as a new pack of strings or something as bold as a guitar! Note: I can be more than one thing. For instance, if you say had 5 packs of strings you could select 5 winners! But if it's 5 different things then just do one KARMA at a time.

2.) Shipping: One thing to consider is shipping costs. The person giving the item away pays for the shipping. So if you are giving away something large and heavy, take this into consideration. Also consideration should be taken as to where the item is located. Since shipping to a different country is expensive, the giver may ask that only people in their home country enter the contest or that winners in a different country be willing to pay for part or all of the shipping.

3.) Writing up your thread: To start one of these simply start a New Thread in the main General Acoustic Guitar Discussion area. Your thread title should contain the word KARMA in all caps so everyone can clearly see it's a KARMA giveaway. You should also include the item being KARMA'd. This will let people know without reading any farther whether they are interested in participating. In the Message area put in a description of the item you are giving away, a photo if you have one, the amount of time the contest will run and any other limitations such as shipping restrictions. Another common limitation is requiring people to have been forum members for a specific time. This keeps people from just creating multiple new accounts to better their chances of winning (an example of bad-karma!).

4.) Run time: One week is a good amount of time for a KARMA to run as a general rule. This allows many people a chance to enter since not everyone visit's the forum on a daily basis. If something has a very high value (like a guitar) then you might want to run it longer to get as many people as possible. But running too long runs the risk of people forgetting to check back in a timely fashion. Too short and someone might miss out on something they really wanted.

5.) Entering to win: Easy-peasy! Just hit reply and say something like, "Count me in!" or something along those lines. Some considerations for those entering: Only enter once! Only reply because you actually want the item - this isn't the place to 'discuss' your feelings about the item! You should genuinely want the item for your own personal use. (I.e. You shouldn't just be trying to win the item so you can then flip it on craigslist!) If you get the item and find it's not for you then you should pay-it-forward to someone else via a KARMA of your own or something similar. (To do otherwise would be to invoke bad-karma!) Also, remember to check back if you entered!

6.) Picking a winner: The person who is giving away the item selects a winner at random. This can be done any way he wants. Some people have a child, spouse or friend pick a number from 2 (1 being the first poster) to X (being the last post in the thread). The number of the post is located in the upper right corner of each new reply.

7.) Ending the contest: Once the winner is announced the winner should make contact with the OP via PM or email with their shipping address and the OP then sends the item to the winner. If the winner does not check in with the OP in a timely manner - say another week - then the OP can randomly select a different winner. So remember if you entered to win, make sure you make a mental note of the end date and check back to see if you've won!!

Let's show everyone how great the AGF community is and generate some good karma! If you have any questions let us know.

... Thanks again to Methos1979 for writing up the rules.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the karma, Fazool...
Old 06-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Count me in if not too late.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

Winner is Brad Hall. Send me a PM with your mailing address.
I will be away for 2-3 days so will mail your prize out Monday or Tuesday.

Happy Solstice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gold.jpg (47.2 KB, 26 views)

Old 06-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Brad,

Send me your address via PM so I can mail you your Karma prize

Old 06-24-2018, 11:13 PM
Charter Member

Done. Thank you for your generosity.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion