The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-24-2018, 01:36 PM

Wow jackpot!!! What a sight to behold! I want to add a j style Gibson some day. I usually like the recordings I've heard of the AJs so maybe that will be what eventually gets added in a year or so. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v32 finish View Post
The Wildwood AJ I own now has been my first introduction to the AJ model, and I was similarly 'floored. I couldn't believe how good it was. Truly fantastic guitars! That's excellent that you were able to get a couple guitars for your troubles. You said you got 2? Not to pry, but I'm curious what other guitar you were able to get. Not that it matters; truthfully I'd be happy just with that Gibson alone. I absolutely love mine. I rotate my guitars subconsciously every 4 or 5 days or so, so by the time I play 2 of them, the 3rd one hasn't been played for a week or 2. It's always a huge treat when I open that case and take it out to play it. I feel blessed to own guitars that I love so much!

Congrats and God Bless

Scott
Hi Scott,
When I looked at all the stringed instruments, I thought, "well, the AJ is probably the most valuable thing here, on the used market, so won't take that..but the kind of beat up Larrivee rosewood Dread might be good. And the Dot, I want that, wouldn't bring much, and I have always wanted ONE electric with giant flatwounds on it and a tiny amp to play clean "jazz" noodlings on as a kind of therapy..."
I also thought maybe the spruce topped Kremona Fiesta FS nylon string would be the classical I never had. It is lovely and basically mint.
I really wanted to get across to the cousins that they had something to be happy about: that I knew a few things about the stuff, was willing to transport, and willing to work on selling stuff for their benefit when we got back to the Salt Lake area where we live.
So, the second guitar thing isn't hard and fast. I just know now the Larrivee isn't for me, starting to learn nylon sting might be dumb given the limits of free time I possess, AND that I could just ditch them in the mountains, sell all the home and pro audio stuff, and buy some vintage 0
Old 06-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Is that yours to keep? If so, you are one lucky person.
Sure makes the phrase "they came with baggage" more palatable.
No kidding. Nice guitar. Congrats!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion