The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2018, 02:32 PM

I'd like to ask how loud is loud...can we quantify this? It's pretty easy to get a decibal meter, even an app for your phone would work but it would be a very good way to have actual data versus subjective thoughts on this.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
I am also looking for a loud guitar. Problem is, I have still yet to play a guitar that wowed me in the volume department. Everyone calls Martin Dreads canons, but I've yet to be wowed by one. Maybe I'm just expecting/wanting something that doesn't exist.

The irony, is that I currently have a J-45 and 000-28, which are theoretically not loud guitars. However, I find the sound of both worth giving up some volume. I still want a loud guitar that rumbles and shakes the house like many claim Martin Dreads can do... I just haven't heard one yet.
That's strange about the J45, I find mine to be pretty loud. In fact, during practice the other day, I had to back off my strumming because it was drowning out my vocals and my playing partner's Taylor.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 06-21-2018, 06:11 PM

I just added a sound clip of the Beaumont Advanced Jumbo that I have in the classifieds. It's pretty loud. What do you guys think?

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=514367
Old 06-24-2018, 07:13 PM

I don't have a lot of experience with many guitars. I do have a Martin DRS2 which seems to drown out my singing when I strum along. Its MAP is $829 so it fits below your budget.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion