The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-12-2006, 09:01 PM

Question Your Opinion on Tascam-DP01fx/cd..anyone own?

I'm looking to purchase a multi-track - interested in this one for its usability. Does anyone have advice/experience with this model?

Martin HD28VR
Martin OM21
Godin Nylon
Avalon A101CE
Fendar Strat
Epiphone Chet Atkins
Baby Taylor
Old 02-13-2006, 05:51 PM

I have one. I only use it for guitar and bass (no vox). The Pros are it's simple to use. Getting the recording quickly to CD let's you study the song and listen crictically and make changes. You can transfer each track or the mixed master track to your computer in wave format. If you have Sonar or Protools you can add better effects or even use their editor instead of tascams. You can also transfer wave files from computer to the tascam. The Cons are if you really want to do a professional sounding CD you'll need to transfer what you've recorded to the computer. The effects on the tascam aren't very good at all. And the EQ has no mid. It doesn't sound bad at all with doing everything on the tascam. In fact the guy doing my mix, said there's not a huge difference between his mix on Protools and the mix I did on the tascam. But I haven't heard his mix yet because he's still working on it. But in my situation, for my first CD, I just record the tracks on the tascam and send them off for someone else to mix so it fits my needs perfectly. For songs that I just want to record to remember how they go, the tascam is perfect.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 PM

Thanx much - I'll keep it in mind.

Martin HD28VR
Martin OM21
Godin Nylon
Avalon A101CE
Fendar Strat
Epiphone Chet Atkins
Baby Taylor
Old 02-15-2006, 05:23 PM

I got one at Christmas and I am VERY happy and impressed with it.
Sure, it has some limitations but for my purposes, it suits my needs extremely well.
I can't tell you the joy I had recording 3 or 4 guitar tracks, adding my mando, dobro, banjo and some "cardboard box" percussion, burning a disc... THEN listening to my creation the next morning in my van!

Like I said..it works for me!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell