The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-18-2010, 03:43 PM

So far I've released two albums (with a third now officially on the "drawing board," i.e. I'm thinking about it...)

The first, "Tones from an Open Heart" is definitely a fingerstyle effort - mostly steel, some nylon, all original material with a sprinkle of (awesome) percussion and even a string duo.

The latest, "Genteel," is more difficult to pinpoint as far as genre - there's some Early Music (Italian and Scottish lute pieces from a long, long time ago), some fingerstylish fare (Beatles arrangements anyone?) and some contemporary classical rep (albeit in the easy-listening rather than expressionistic category)

Clips, reviews, and more can be found over at www.giacomofiore.com

Thanks for listening!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Charter Member

I just released a CD entitled Noone Lasses. Its traditional and modern celtic tunes arranged for solo guitar.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/AntonEmery

thanks,

Anton
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Not a new release announcement, but just wanted to flag the fact that unbeknownst to me the Paypal/CD Baby and iTunes purchase links on my site have been busted for a long time (I hate to think how long...at least six months). Yikes. At least folks have still been finding me directly on iTunes.

Anyway, the links are back online here. Thanks for your interest in the music! And thanks to Steve Reinthal for bringing this grievous and embarrassing situation to my attention.

Doerr Artist custom Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F10C Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F35C Sinker/Tasmanian blackwood
Paragon MJ Sitka/Maple
Paragon MJ custom Carpathian/Malaysian blackwood
Brunner custom travel guitar

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
- John Cage

Old 03-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Default a change of pace

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My acoustic project, Lipgloss Memory, is in its infancy stages. Its a combination of acoustic guitar and piano. The sound is similar to Gothenburg style metal, just in an acoustic format. Tons of melody and lead lines. I look forward to listening to everyone's music on this forum and sharing ideas. Cheers!

link: www.myspace.com/lipglossmemory
Old 03-18-2010, 10:38 AM

Default New CD out now

Hi my new cd is out now.
I play Indian instrumental music on acoustic guitar with tabla accompaniment.
The new CD is called "More Than Words" and can be purchased from my website HERE

I have sample tracks on my myspace page(see below)

http://www.rajanspolia.co.uk/

http://www.myspace.com/rajanspolia
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM

I don't even want to say how long it took me to finish this project...

http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetai...d=ALB000045732

A couple of the tunes on this CD were also featured on the AGF vol. 1 and 2 CD's. You can hear Andrea Zonn on Track 7 and Ed Gerhard on Track 3.

Last edited by Joe Barbieri; 04-03-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Hi all you fellow pickers and grinners,
Well, after a slow but fun 2 years, I finally finished my first album.
It's all Gordon Lightfoot covers and titled Left Foot Lightfoot. I did some
like the originals and others much differently with some electric Rick 12 string thrown in at times. Did all the vocs and instruments in a pro studio and learned a lot. Hope some of you can listen to a few samples over on CDBaby
and give me some feedback.
Thanks,
Tom Granata
Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 AM

Default Hurraaaa - finally my acoustic CD is ready

Finally! My first acoustic CD has arrived from the manufacturer. I have checked each piece and yes each CD contais 13.5 songs. I have produced this CD on my own with some great help of Joerg Kramer, who has helped mixing and mastering my music.

As some of you know most of my music is very relaxed and so you will not find any shredding or AC/DC stuff. But thanks to Silje Nergaard you will find my version of her wonderful song "Lullaby to Erle", featuring Elke Diepenbeck on vocals. Most of the music I have written by myself. Some of the tunes you know from postings here and thanks to all your great input the music grew.

Making a CD is kind of a long journey and so I travelled from mediterranean ideas over to celtic themes and to nordic songs. Generally music is such an endless journey. And I think that's what makes it so enjoyable.

Who ever wants to take part in this little trip (some showed interest in earlier threads) is welcome to order a CD via Email (mailto:[email protected] ) . Cost of the CD is 13,50 Euro incl. postage within the EU. For orders outside the EU I will find out the charges.
Sorry for posting it to the Recording section!

Roland Kalus

https://rolandkalus.bandcamp.com/alb...le-autumn-blue
Mcilroy A30
Stevens 000-P
Yairi OM
Martin Duwe OM 12fret Cut
Stevens OM-P
Martin Duwe Crossover

AER Amps and PA-Systems
Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 AM

Default CD list

A fine idea. Back to you in a couple of months with ours. (Folks are welcome to make cover art suggestions at www.fewersorrowsmusic.com, if that's not too much of an advertisement.)

Last edited by Bill Reid; 05-30-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-06-2010, 01:09 AM

Woo hoo! Before last night's gig in WI, Stephen Lee Rich & I took a look at Oasis CD's hard-copy proofs for the new second Andina & Rich CD "Two Guitars, a Dulcimer, and an Attitude." They looked great (we were sweating out some potential contrast issues re: beige text on a dark-brown-masked disc, but it printed just fine on the mock-up). So we gave them the go-ahead via cellphone e-mail, and they start pressing & printing on Monday! We chose 16-day turnaround, so the CD will "drop" before the end of June--we'll have it in hand in time for our early July tour (Minocqua, WI to Hays, KS back to Chicago and points in between; still have availability for house concerts).

We've been getting some airplay already, as we issued a preview 6-song EP, "Appetizers," to distribute at Folk Alliance and to send to DJs and venues who don't use Sonicbids. (Some of that airplay is on a country station in Nouméa, New Caledonia; if you hear a familiar female voice reporting en français from Nashville weekly, well, you know who that is ). And BTW, my song "My Dad's Harmonica," recorded with backing vocals and hand percussion by the other two members of my old band, the SASS! Trio, has hit #1 (not just on the folk chart) on KXBG Birthofradio.com! My first song to crack the top 10 anywhere, much less hit #1!

We'll let you know as soon as we have our CD in our hands--and then and only then will we schedule the release parties (Chicago, Madison WI, and southern IL, where it was recorded and where our incredible sidemen--Robert Bowlin, Ross Sermons and engineer Gary Gordon--live). Meanwhile, it can be preordered at www.andinaandrich.com, or by e-mailing [email protected].

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Default It's Here!

(no, UncleDizzy61, not the late lamented cafe of the same name)

I have in my hand a copy of the new Andina & Rich CD, "Two Guitars, a Dulcimer, and An Attitude." I am floored by how well the project turned out: graphics, design, packaging (post-consumer recycled materials that DON'T look "granola"), mastering and of course (she said modestly) the music.

Steve has set in motion the CDBaby cataloguing/digital-download-encoding process; in the meantime, if you want a copy ($15 including S&H) you can PM me with your shipping information or e-mail [email protected].
Right now we can take cash, checks or money orders (or PayPal--address [email protected]); we are not yet set up for credit card orders until CDBaby sets that up and sends us the swiper. You can, of course, always buy it from us in person at one of our shows.

Please specify whether you want it autographed (and any special inscription you prefer) and if not autographed, whether you want the shrink wrap removed.

Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM

The CD is now available for download on CDBaby:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/andinaandrich
It's gotten airplay thus far in NYC, MO, KS, MI, NM, TX, WI, New Caledonia, and of course IL.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:20 PM

I guess I should have posted on this thread a while back. I released my self titled CD on CD Baby back in January 2009. Not long after that, I released a download only tune called That Face. Lastly, about 2 weeks ago, I released another single called Squish. All of these are available on all the usual digital distribution sites where CD Baby uploads their artists wares like iTunes, Amazon, Napster...etc.

One of the tunes from my CD, After the Battle, was on the AGF3 CD compilation. Another tune, Samuel, will be on the soon-to-be-released AGF4. There's a link below to tabs for both these tunes as well as That Face. I'm also hoping to have tabs for Squish soon. All my tabs are FREE.

Cheers

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/DenisTurbide
Old 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM

Default Matheu Watson

Hi

I have an album out - just called "Matheu Watson". I recorded it in Berneray in the Outer Hebrides, joined by causeway to North Uist. Engineered by good friend Will Lamb and featuring Ali Hutton (Old Blind Dogs) on the Great Highland War Pipe, Sean Óg Graham (Beoga) on Button Accordion, Martin O’Neill (Julie Fowlis Band) on bodhran and percussion, James Lindsay (Breabach) on double bass, Kris Drever (Lau) on guitar and Martin Simpson on Weissenborn and 5-string banjo, the album is a bold blend of the old and new. My own compositions draw mainly on my experiences, travels and musical adventures from the last four years, which have seen me travel Europe, embracing new music and cultures, the influences of which can be heard dusted through the album. Maybe you'll give it a wee listen and let me know what you think.

All the best

Matheu
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matheuwatson@ho View Post
Hi

I have an album out - just called "Matheu Watson". I recorded it in Berneray in the Outer Hebrides, joined by causeway to North Uist. Engineered by good friend Will Lamb and featuring Ali Hutton (Old Blind Dogs) on the Great Highland War Pipe, Sean Óg Graham (Beoga) on Button Accordion, Martin O’Neill (Julie Fowlis Band) on bodhran and percussion, James Lindsay (Breabach) on double bass, Kris Drever (Lau) on guitar and Martin Simpson on Weissenborn and 5-string banjo, the album is a bold blend of the old and new. My own compositions draw mainly on my experiences, travels and musical adventures from the last four years, which have seen me travel Europe, embracing new music and cultures, the influences of which can be heard dusted through the album. Maybe you'll give it a wee listen and let me know what you think.

All the best

Matheu
Matheu - just watched some of your YT clips and they are 101% enjoyable! Your are a talented multi-instrumentalist indeed. Thanks for sharing your talent here.

Doerr Artist custom Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F10C Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F35C Sinker/Tasmanian blackwood
Paragon MJ Sitka/Maple
Paragon MJ custom Carpathian/Malaysian blackwood
Brunner custom travel guitar

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
- John Cage

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell