The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-22-2019, 03:43 PM

Some years back a great white estimated at 23 ft by the harbormaster was spotted swimming around in the Princeton-by-the-Sea, CA harbor.

This harbor borders Mavericks, site of the annual World Surfing Championship.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Hey Kev here are a quick few I downloaded for you...my son has thousands of pics and videos. Some great vids on his FB page swimming with whale sharks but I was unable to download them due to his privacy setting. He also swam thru schools of squid/Humbolts. He has taught down in Honduras and his last trip was in Jakarta and the Indian Ocean. He supplements his trips as a bartender at the St. Augustine and Orlando Amphitheaters so he gets back stage with all the big-time musicians, what a life! He is also in possession of my Lowden, yes he picks a lil' too. Anyway he does not do tourist tours, he goes on his own like he's pictured here in the Galapagos and off the coast of Mexico...you can see why they call him Aquaman (sheeez, I used to look like that) LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1000.jpg (38.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10001.jpg (62.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10002.jpg (63.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10003.jpg (51.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10004.jpg (33.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10005.jpg (26.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10006.jpg (31.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 10007.jpg (29.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by noledog; 01-22-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM

Beautiful photos! What an experience!

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 01-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Hey Kev here are a quick few I downloaded for you...my son has thousands of pics and videos. Some great vids on his FB page swimming with whale sharks but I was unable to download them due to his privacy setting. He also swam thru schools of squid/Humbolts. He has taught down in Honduras and his last trip was in Jakarta and the Indian Ocean. He supplements his trips as a bartender at the St. Augustine and Orlando Amphitheaters so he gets back stage with all the big-time musicians, what a life! He is also in possession of my Lowden, yes he picks a lil' too. Anyway he does not do tourist tours, he goes on his own like he's pictured here in the Galapagos and off the coast of Mexico...you can see why they call him Aquaman (sheeez, I used to look like that) LOL!
Very nice, love the seal pup and the squid shot is very cool

Here are couple more of mine.

This is in the Bahamas

These off the Yucatan Caribbean side

This one is Honduras off Roatan

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Those are awesome pics Kev! I've spent many a day in many a place all over from the Bahamas and south to the USVI and west to Jamaica, Haiti, Caymans, Mexico etc.. and down to Ecuador. Some of it was music related, but I also did a lot skin diving. I was all signed up for scuba school with my other son, but a thyroidectomy got in the way and had to cancel.... still on my list tho! Keep up the awesome dives and keep on sharing, I've been on and around the ocean my whole life and never cease to be fascinated by all it's wonders!
Old 01-23-2019, 09:26 AM

Not a high end photo but I'll tease about all that gear. My brother snapped this on Christmas day when the lack of crowds made it easier, safer and more enjoyable to swim out to this wreck.

The trip we did last month had some bittersweet elements. Three decades of visiting the same reefs and beaches leave me with no doubts about serous changes. Reefs and beaches that we witnessed recover from a hurricane have deteriorated in the past decade.

I'm also starting to think bro-ification of sports, places and Internet content are a problem too. As a life long adventurer I see more and more places not just crowded but with visitors not really prepared or with the right philosophy. It's wrong to discourage people but how do you educate?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic