The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 05-22-2020, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Default Online Workshop: Arranging for Solo Guitar in DADGAD

I'm planning another Zoom workshop for Sunday May 31, 2PM Pacific time.

This time, we'll focus on arranging a tune for solo fingerstyle guitar. I'll take you through the process of arranging a traditional Irish tune from scratch. We'll start with the basic melody and using both our ears and a notation tool, create a full solo guitar arrangement using DADGAD tuning. We'll start by figuring out how to map the melody to the fretboard, explore alternatives for fingerings, adding harmony, and adding variation and enhancements as we go. This will be a real-time exercise, as opposed to just walking you through an existing arrangement, with the idea of showing one approach that you can use yourself for your own tunes. I'm planning on use a tab editor quite a bit, and I'll be able to show you the tab as I work on it, split screen, as we progress thru the tune.

I'll mail out a handout with the basic tune before the workshop, and will follow up with whatever tab we come up with during the class afterwards. Hope you can join us!

Optional donations ($10 suggested) will go to Second Harvest food bank.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/doug-yo...s-106424115394

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases