The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-08-2020, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Default Fender customer service is horrible and Sweetwarer is awesome

I had a 100W Fender modeling amp. Love it still. Needed a louder amp so I bought the 200W version of the same amp. It broke under warranty. Sweetwater service confirmed the defect.

Fender does not authorize repairs or refunds for this - only replacements.

But they discontinued the 200W model and only authorized a replacement with their 100W amp. And they since increased the price of the 100W so now it costs as much as the 200W did - so they look equal.

This is terrible on every level. This practice is the behavior of an unethical company that is very deceptive, dishonest and will gladly steal from their customers.

That said, my Sales Engineer (Jeff Bohan) from Sweetwater stepped in, found a 200W Line6 amp, sent that to me, and took back the defective Fender amp which they will then fight with Fender to get credit for.

Outstanding service and support from Sweetwater in fixing a problem they didn't even create! That's the behavior of a fantastic, ethical, honest company.

Great job Sweetwater - you rock!

Fender - you stink

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240

Last edited by Lkristians; 10-08-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-08-2020, 07:13 AM

IME Sweetwater and Taylor are head-shoulders-&-navel above the rest of the industry when it comes to customer service - glad it all worked out for the best...
Old 10-08-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
IME Sweetwater and Taylor are head-shoulders-&-navel above the rest of the industry when it comes to customer service - glad it all worked out for the best...
Exactly..

Sorry you had the hassle Fazool.

Fender amps are GREAT, until they aren't.

You're not the first one to run into their total disregard for customer loyalty.

It's a one way street. Fender loves "Our" loyalty to them when we continue to buy Fender Products, they suck at reciprocation on said loyalty.

I have a Mustang Modeler, and I know, they day it starts having issues, is the day I bring it to the landfill So far, knock on wood, it's had minimal issues. the power switch disintegrated about 2 year ago. I was able to DIY fix it for like 3 bucks.

I have a USA made 1998 4x10 Deville that has literally been a work horse of an amp,, this was before they changed the circuitry though, so I think I got one of the last of the more reliable builds. I've changed the tubes a few times, and had a few caps replaced that we're heading south. Beyond that, she's been a beast.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Sweetwater is AWESOME period
Old 10-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Just a side note, 200 watts!!! Can you still hear???
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 10-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Yes they were great when my Supro had transformer trouble under their 2 year warranty but had just expired on the Supro 1 year . They paid for my shipping to them, and then shipped it to Supro got them to replace the Tran. and drop ship back to me. All at no charge to me.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 10-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

I second or third my support for Sweetwater. They are a fantastic company to deal with. I have purchased many items from them and will continue to do so. I like having a dedicated sales representative that gets to know you, so you don't have to start from scratch each time you call.

On items you purchase there, Sweetwater includes a free 2 year warranty. This is especially great for items that normally have a shorter warranty.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars