The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by email4eric View Post
Ken,

That's an astounding piece. Very nice. Is it your composition?
Nope, it is my arrangement of a classic hymn, sometimes called Tantum Ergo Sacramentum. My arrangement was (very loosely) based on Matt Maher's version. That sort of thing happened a lot on this project: I'd set out to attempt a literal arrangement of another artist's rendition, and after noodling around it would take a life of it's own. Fernando Ortega is another artist I am guilty of -almost- ripping off.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:49 PM

Very nice playing and nice recording.

Recording in a church can be great. I'm pretty much a novice at all this recording stuff, but I have been surprised by the recordings I have been able to get in church of my daughter's flute playing and singing with very little effort. For example, here is a recording I did using just the built-in microphones of a Zoom R24: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB08VshgRnQ This is straight from the recorder with no processing or modification.... you don't need to add reverb to make your recording sound good when your recording space has great natural reverb!

I've been wanting to set up in church with our nicer microphones and do some guitar recordings and some recordings of our family performing together (e.g. during quiet weekdays in the summer). We have even gotten the OK to do this but we have not found the time to do this yet. Well, maybe next summer?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:58 PM

Beautiful! Great playing, technically and expressively. Thoughtful and sensitive use of the room. And of course, gorgeous guitar. Thanks for sharing that.

Rick
Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 AM

Very, very Nice!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 AM

Very nice! I enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing it!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD