The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-08-2010, 09:12 AM

The closer they can get to 10 Benjamins, the more they'll sell IMO. If the street price goes below 1k I think you'll sell a ton of them. Maybe without the electronics, it'll get that low.

Last year "Santa" left a 12 string under the tree and I got away with it (it just appeared there on Xmas morning). Who knows what might mysteriously appear under the tree this year!

jay
Seagull
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 AM

The current high gloss hybrid dreadnought already costs less than the other two models (WS and OM).
I guess that a satin dreadnought with gig bag and no electronics could possibly touch the 1k goal.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 AM

Im glad to see that Rainsong is stepping into the market that was left empty when CA closed. I have always loved Rainsong guitars but the prices were out of my reach. I didnt think they were overpriced just out of my range. I know they had come out with the Advanced series a few years back, though I didnt care for the looks of them(the sound was a little lacking to me as well). These guitars definitely will be a winner for them if they sound anywhere as nice as they look. I would be in line for one if came minus electronics- except am still playing and loving my CA OX. A bonus for some of us is no shark fret markers.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
The current high gloss hybrid dreadnought already costs less than the other two models (WS and OM).
I guess that a satin dreadnought with gig bag and no electronics could possibly touch the 1k goal.
Possibly, depending on where you buy it of course.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:13 PM

so wait...the Hybrid series has an N2 Truss Rod System. I've owned an Advance series model and it just fell short in comparison to the non-truss rod Standard series models....

How does the N2 differ from the truss system implemented on the Advance line?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 AM

Wicked. Really interested in this!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutherland View Post
so wait...the Hybrid series has an N2 Truss Rod System. I've owned an Advance series model and it just fell short in comparison to the non-truss rod Standard series models....

How does the N2 differ from the truss system implemented on the Advance line?
I have no experience with the Advanced Series but the new N2 necks have a traditional adjustable truss rod and a slightly fuller neck profile than the non N2 necks. The N2 neck has been a huge hit for Rainsong.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 PM

I had an AWS for a while, I didn't care for the tone. The hybrid models on the other hand sound fantastic. Checked out the proto yesterday and it is a looker! Fit and finish were flawless. The feel of satin on the the body is excellent but some will complain about the slightly rough feel on the neck as many did with CA's Rt finish. Be interesting to see how close the production guitar will be to this one.

If they can keep the price where Ted thinks it will be Rainsong will have to build a lot of these.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Ok, just got the pricing info and final specs on these.

This model is now part of the new "Studio Series" with the model number for this one being HS-WS1000N2 . (HS stand for Hybrid Studio btw) List is $1999, and MAP is $1499 with pickup, $1799 and $1349 without. Obviously your dealer can sell them for what ever they want. The LR Baggs is out and the Fishman Prefix Plus is in. Other than that everything remains the same as the prototype I have.

The change to the premium Fishman pickup is something I am very grateful for. I spent about an hour going back and forth between the gloss and FT (Fine Texture) finish version and the LR Baggs just didn't do this guitar justice. Thank you Ashvin!

Eventually the Studio Series will include all the hybrid models but Rainsong is currently backordered about three months so it may take some time to get to the other models.

Kudos to the folks at Rainsong for keeping things exciting.

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 07-14-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:46 PM

I am very glad to know that Rainsong is backordered three months.
This mean they are successful and I think they deserve it. they have always chosen to be outside the spot light and they have always delivered great instruments.
Personally, I can't wait for a HS dread. If the WS model without electronics has
a retail price of under 1.4, I guess that a dread will have a retail price under 1.2, that means......a street price under 1 K ? That would be a real revolution.
A classy carbon fiber guitar for the price of the basic Martin and Taylor models !
I only wish that Rainsong will decide, one day, to use stainless frets.
Yesterday, with my son,we cleaned up and re-strung our Emerald X 10 (6 years old and played a lot) and the frets had NO sign of wear !.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 AM

Gerardo, retail price is $1999 with and$1799 without pickup, the MAP (minimum advertised price) is $1499 with and $1349 without, which I'm sure will be the same for the OM and Dreadnaught as well.

I do not see any Rainsong guitars selling for a grand unless they start using the less expensive, and less consistent "wet layup" method like CA used. Fit and finish could suffer at that price as well and I just don't see Rainsong letting that happen. This new model may be lower priced but other than the FT finish it is as perfectly executed as the rest of the line.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 AM

Thank you Tarpman. I assumed that the dread would cost a bit less because currently the Hybrid dreads are priced below the WS and OM.
Today high gloss Hybrid dreads have a street price of less than 1.5 k.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
I am very glad to know that Rainsong is backordered three months.
This mean they are successful and I think they deserve it. they have always chosen to be outside the spot light and they have always delivered great instruments.
Personally, I can't wait for a HS dread. If the WS model without electronics has
a retail price of under 1.4, I guess that a dread will have a retail price under 1.2, that means......a street price under 1 K ? That would be a real revolution.
A classy carbon fiber guitar for the price of the basic Martin and Taylor models !
I only wish that Rainsong will decide, one day, to use stainless frets.
Yesterday, with my son,we cleaned up and re-strung our Emerald X 10 (6 years old and played a lot) and the frets had NO sign of wear !.
I agree with you, I'm happy for Rainsong they are backordered as well. They are a fine company with great customer service. I have an Advanced Series AWS-1000, (no longer made) and they have been incredibly nice to deal with and very helpful re: my concerns/issues.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:19 AM

Just got notice from Rainsong that they have added the OM to the Studio Series. Same price as the WS.

All the specs are here: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...59#post2294559

You gotta love a company that listens.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM

I tried the hybrid OM and loved the tone but even at Ted's AGF price it was a bit more than I wanted to spend, now with this new finish and the option to order it without pickup the price is right where I want to be fro my full size travel/beater. I bought an OX last year for just that reason but I never bonded with it. Guess I better put it up on eBay before the Chinese Peavey/CA's hit the market and ruin the resale.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber