The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 AM

Default Just starting to get into playing with pickups

I am just starting to use the pickups that my guitars came with. As I change guitars I have to disconnect the chord from one guitar to plug it into the next one I want to play. I end up having to turn off the amp. Is there another way so that I gon't get that pop sound?

Thanks for any help.
Midnight Shadow
Old 05-03-2008, 10:26 AM

One possibility is to use a Planet Waves "circuit breaker" cable. It has a little button in the connector that disengages the signal without a pop.

The hardest part about using one is remembering to push the button back in when it's time to play again.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Shadow View Post
I am just starting to use the pickups that my guitars came with. As I change guitars I have to disconnect the chord from one guitar to plug it into the next one I want to play. I end up having to turn off the amp. Is there another way so that I gon't get that pop sound?

Thanks for any help.
Midnight Shadow
Hi Midnight...
When you say ''off'' I'm assuming you are just turning the guitar amp's volume down, which to me is not a big deal.

Many tuners have a mute function which would do it for you. My Fender floor tuner has a tuner out which kills the sound to the amp, and let's me tune, unplug etc.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell