The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2024, 07:14 PM

Default New Pickup from Go Acoustic

I enjoyed the video including your blooper with the plugs. Listening to the results, it seems like a no brainer in this guitar. More volume, punch, air, and feedback resistance. This is coming from a fan of ES2.

Hard to dislike that. There are AGF members who are looking for “my guitar only louder” in a live setting. They might nitpick this or that. I’m not sure an analog pickup system can sound a whole lot better than this unit. I’ve had the pleasure of hearing Marshall’s pickup in person and I watched these videos.

Last edited by martingitdave; 04-19-2024 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:11 PM

Thanks for watching and commenting.

Last edited by Foxrunstudio; 04-19-2024 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Incomplete
Old 04-19-2024, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Neil,

Thanks for the video! It seems the Go displays more presence and clarity of each individual string and I like it.

Off topic....., I grew up in Phillipston, Massachusetts..., out in the sticks way west of Boston, where there was a high end, highly regarded restaurant named "Fox Run". I actually bussed tables there for a short while during my youth and loved the corn fritters with Maple syrup that the waitresses would smuggle to us during shift..., keeping us motivated. No clue if the Restaurant is still there, but with you being in Massachusetts, was your studio name influenced by THAT Fox Run?

Be well,

Lance

Last edited by strangersfaces; 04-20-2024 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:54 AM
Go Acoustic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Paul sent a new preamp. I installed that and all strings sound proudly. Through headphones, this is a very good sound; especially when I apply an IR in the NUX. I'll take it out in the next few days, but this looks like it's working VERY well.

I'll send the original preamp back to Paul so he can figure out what might have been the issue with the missing string sound. It's always possible that it could be something I did that caused the problem. We'll see how that goes.
The issue with the preamp was a cracked ceramic housing in the 5th string vol pot. The stop for the rotator is molded in to the ceramic insulator. When the stop is bent the ceramic cracks and as a result there was bleed over from ground causing noise.

I replaced the pot and the preamp is back in service.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:54 PM

I was reading alot of the post about Go Acoustic, just want to say for me personally it's the greatest thing to happen to me in a long time.i will try not to get nto a long winded speech, but would like to say if you aren't happy with your acoustic sound or playability don't hesitate to get it, it may be alitte scary at first to put in but if you go by pauls directions you'll be fine, or if you have a tech that will open to learning about something new do that.Also great is Paul is happy to help with any questions.and as far as the Taylor mod, it's incredible!! Saves the guitars! The ES systems are some of the worst I've ever tried to play in my 45 plus years playing professionalyi could go on for days but I'll just say if you are happy we're you are, that's great but if you looking for something better don't hesitate, go now and get a system!! It may seem pricey but it's not when factor in price of regular pickups and the pedalboards you build trying to improve your tone.my friend and i have done 7 guitars for friends and colleagues so far and love them all, anyway ,just want to give my 2cents worth.

Last edited by Stringking59; 04-20-2024 at 02:01 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification