The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-30-2019, 03:44 PM

Default Strings by Mail - shout Out!

I've been using savarez high tension trebles for years with never any issues.

Put a set on my Cordoba C-10 about 10 days ago. Today, I noticed that the 1st and 2nd strings were "splitting/ shedding".

I contacted Matt @ strings by mail and asked if there were any recent quality issues. Matt wasn't aware of any issues. But he immediately offered to send me free replacement strings.

Yay for strings by mail!!!
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 04-30-2019, 05:25 PM

SBM - excellent product selection, easy online ordering process, good prices, outstanding customer service. A real asset to the guitar playing community.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:47 AM

I deal with SBM for 99% of my string needs, they are the best. Where they really shine is the large selection of single strings, I love to mix and match.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:10 AM

I also think that they are the best. More over, I live in Michigan and usually receive my orders in one or two days!
Old 05-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Yep they are awesome. I get my low C strings from them for my classical baritone.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

Can't thank you enough for all your kind words. Makes us proud to hear when we impact fellow musicians in a positive way.
We strive to exceed your musical satisfaction every day and that will never change!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings By Mail View Post
We strive to exceed your musical satisfaction every day
Mission accomplished, IMO!
-Bob
Old 05-13-2020, 06:01 AM

old thread , but i'll bring it back with a rant. due to the current conditions concerning coronavirus one would expect problems with with order filling and shipping and web retailers who anticipate this post notes on their home page alerting customers to such potential problems.

strings by mail still advertises in by 3pm, ship same day. an order put in on 5/2/20 (sat.) has not been shipped yet, an email to s.b.m. indicated my order is due to be processed sometime this week(11 days and counting).

to all potential customers i just wanted to let you know of potential delays with your orders from STRINGS BY MAIL since they don't mention that. now a shout out to a few retailers with outstanding service during these times.

sweetwater-3 orders shipped in 24 hours
maury's music-2 orders shipped in 24 hours
strings and beyond- 2 orders received within 5 days
adirondack guitars - same day shipping
zozo music - 24 hour shipping

thanks again to the above retailers for doing a great job during these trying times

MY MISTAKE THERE IS A 2 1/2 INCH NOTICE HALF WAY DOWN THERE HOME PAGE ON THE LEFT ABOUT COVID DELAYS. BE ADVISED.

Last edited by leinad; 05-13-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:22 AM

Well, I see "Attention Click for Covid-19 Update" on the home page, and clicking this takes me to a page that explains their situation and potential delays. I'm a big fan of SBM, so I felt like I should at least mention this in response to your rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinad View Post
old thread , but i'll bring it back with a rant. due to the current conditions concerning coronavirus one would expect problems with with order filling and shipping and web retailers who anticipate this post notes on their home page alerting customers to such potential problems.

strings by mail still advertises in by 3pm, ship same day. an order put in on 5/2/20 (sat.) has not been shipped yet, an email to s.b.m. indicated my order is due to be processed sometime this week(11 days and counting).

to all potential customers i just wanted to let you know of potential delays with your orders from STRINGS BY MAIL since they don't mention that. now a shout out to a few retailers with outstanding service during these times.

sweetwater-3 orders shipped in 24 hours
maury's music-2 orders shipped in 24 hours
strings and beyond- 2 orders received within 5 days
adirondack guitars - same day shipping
zozo music - 24 hour shipping

thanks again to the above retailers for doing a great job during these trying times
Old 05-13-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwink View Post
Well, I see "Attention Click for Covid-19 Update" on the home page, and clicking this takes me to a page that explains their situation and potential delays. I'm a big fan of SBM, so I felt like I should at least mention this in response to your rant.
THANKS

MY MISTAKE THERE IS A 2 1/2 INCH NOTICE HALF WAY DOWN THERE HOME PAGE ON THE LEFT ABOUT COVID DELAYS. BE ADVISED.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:34 PM

In case this gets dug up later, too, I'll add that SBM is a hugely important resource to me as a small-time luthier and a even smaller-time classical player. Service and response is always fantastic, to the degree that I literally cannot recall what life was like before ordering with them (I'm sure there were a lot of e45s, back then...)
Old 05-13-2020, 05:46 PM

I think it's pretty easy to see SBM's notice regarding shipping delays due to the Dreaded Pathogen.. I'm real glad they're here, and have some Aquila Ambra
2000s and a couple of CDs coming in the mail right now.

Thanks, SBM. :-)
Old 05-13-2020, 07:12 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
I think it's pretty easy to see SBM's notice regarding shipping delays due to the Dreaded Pathogen.. I'm real glad they're here, and have some Aquila Ambra
2000s and a couple of CDs coming in the mail right now.

Thanks, SBM. :-)
So you’re the one who got the last Ambra 2000 set (They were on back order today). I really wanted to try them.

SBM has been great. My recent order took a six weeks (Normally about three for me in Toronto) but arrived safe and sound today.

Adam
Old 05-14-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alytw View Post
So you’re the one who got the last Ambra 2000 set (They were on back order today). I really wanted to try them.

SBM has been great. My recent order took a six weeks (Normally about three for me in Toronto) but arrived safe and sound today.

Adam

I got the light tension set (108C?), if those are the ones..
Old 05-14-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
I got the light tension set (108C?), if those are the ones..
I guess it wasn’t you. I ordered the normal tension.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical