The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 05-05-2020, 09:31 PM

Default Bromberg

Old 05-05-2020, 10:34 PM

Yeah! Bob Mintzer absolutely killing it on sax, too. That whole CD is very cool. Bromberg is not known nearly as well as he should be. I've got a lot of his stuff on my CD rack. He cover's a lot of genres.

I'll see your Bromberg and raise you another. He's playing the guitar parts on piccolo bass (now that's a real contradiction in terms).

Old 05-05-2020, 11:24 PM

I've had the good fortune to see him a number of times over the years. First time was with Rob Mullins at Bon Apetit in Westwood, Ca. back in the '80s. When his sig Peavey B-quad series of basses were introduced Brian did a series of clinics so I got to play the fretless one for awhile after the clinic was over. He's a really nice, down to earth guy.

Last edited by Jeff Scott; 05-05-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Yeah! Bob Mintzer absolutely killing it on sax, too. That whole CD is very cool. Bromberg is not known nearly as well as he should be. I've got a lot of his stuff on my CD rack. He cover's a lot of genres.

I'll see your Bromberg and raise you another. He's playing the guitar parts on piccolo bass (now that's a real contradiction in terms).

I've only seen Bob with the Yellowjackets a couple of times, another great musician!

Speaking of piccolo "guitar", when I saw SMV on the first night of their first tour (Summer 2012), Stanley played a lot of piccolo (and his tenor) bass while Vic and Marcus held down the bottom end.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN