The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-26-2019, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Default Takamine EF75M TT - Anybody own or have played one?

I stumbled across the Takamine EF75M TT online and was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with one....

Last edited by RP; 11-20-2021 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

* I'm a Tak guy and have played and owned several of their MIJ models from most all of their Series: Limited, Signature, Legacy, Natural and Pro... but this model has eluded me because it's rare as originally the EF75M was introduced in 2005 with a limited run of around 80 units. Lance Allen, one of my fav guitarist and acquaintance has #26 and has recorded with and has several videos with it...I believe it's his fav. A few of my Tak Forum and Tak FB member friends have this model and rave about it. Sooooooo FFWRD...

** Due to it's popularity they reintroduced this model in the Limited Series with Madi b/s (vs the original Braz) and a Torrified top. It has 45mm bone nut and split bone saddle with the Palathetic pup and TLD-2 Line Driver preamp. Oh how I would love to get my hands on the original with Braz b/s, however, I would dig the Madi TT version too. So if you can demo it, I would certainly take that opportunity to do so!

*** Here's Lance with his original:

...and here is the comparison to the new or re-introduced model:

These are gorgeous guitars sonically and visually! Hope this helps, best wishes and enjoy!

eric

Last edited by noledog; 01-26-2019 at 10:55 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion