The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latestyle View Post
jrb, can't wait for your NGD posts! Thanks for chiming in on another thread about Collings guitars, picked up a few dimes from you comments to consider prior to purchasing.

Shipping on Monday, here by Thursday:

https://artisanguitars.com/collectio...specifications
Old 05-29-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb715 View Post
Shipping on Monday, here by Thursday:

https://artisanguitars.com/collectio...specifications
Oh man, congratulations! Can't wait for your NGD post jrb. Aesthetically I was up to the last minute torn between the all blond maple beauty like yours and the whiskey burnished koa like mine. OMG your blond beauty is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, the spiritual and fraternal twin to my Karen. I'm going to live vicariously through you! #collingsfamily
Old 05-30-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb715 View Post
Sincere congratulations! I have three Collings now, with an SJ and D1AT coming in the next few months. There is an integrity to every step that goes into a Collings guitar and follows in any support from Collings you might need in the future. Clearly, I find most Collings truly great guitars.

Your koa is probably the most beautiful I've seen, and while Collings bursts are usually spectacular, yours is certainly unusually spectacular.

I fully trust that it is an equally spectacular sounding guitar. Were I not to have had two in the pipeline, I'm pretty sure I would have succumbed to temptation.

Enjoy!
I have a Taylor GS Mini Koa Plus on order, and of course, it is a very different guitar. But if If it has even some of the sonic qualities which you have described and visual beauty of your Collings, I will be a very happy man.

"Never take a fool with you when you go, because you can always pick one up when you get there"! Billy Connolly.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Oh my! One of the most Stunningly beautiful guitars I’ve ever seen! If it plays half as great as it looks you got yourself a keeper. Many congrats and enjoy!
PRS SE P20E Parlor
Martin Backpacker
Old 05-31-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesaHut View Post
I have a Taylor GS Mini Koa Plus on order, and of course, it is a very different guitar. But if If it has even some of the sonic qualities which you have described and visual beauty of your Collings, I will be a very happy man.
Hey, Pete. I haven't gotten a chance to play Taylor Koas but in fact, that's where I first looked when I was interested in acquiring Koa. I heard great things especially about Taylor Koa models with cedar tops. Going to look for your NGD post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
Oh my! One of the most Stunningly beautiful guitars I’ve ever seen! If it plays half as great as it looks you got yourself a keeper. Many congrats and enjoy!
Thank you! It's a joy to play, has this singing voice to it with a great reverb, and of course, being a Collings, is quite a huge sounding guitar & can bang with the best of em. I can definitely tell already the tonal quality will start to mellow into the years and I'm looking to growing into it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion