The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Default Europe: 2007 Baranik JX EI Rosewood/ Carpathian - TRADED

Hi All,

I'm listing my 2007 Baranik JX for sale. This listing has been in the Rest of the World section for a little while now, but hasn't been getting much action. I have recieved an offer to trade for a nice Beneteau OM, but before I make any hard decisions, I thought I would post the guitar here too. MODS: if this is a problem, please feel free to close the other thread. Hope that's okay!

I know this info is always hard to find, so I will put it up first:

dropped to:
3800 USD (Payment to be made in Swiss Francs - current conversion rate: 3700 CHF)
Trade Value: 4000 USD

Secondly, the guitar is currently in Switzerland. I'd be happy to ship though, and have a fair amount of experience doing so.

I bought this guitar from a forum member a few months ago and imported it into Switzerland. It's a fantastic sounding guitar and is also easily the most comfortable guitar I have ever held. The neck shape is fantastic - it fits my hand perfect. The nut width is 1 25/32" (46mm) and it gives just the right amount of room on the left hand without becoming difficult to play. When I am finally ready to get my own custom built I want it to have this neck and spacing! The fairly thin asymmetrical body shape is also wonderful, and the 16" lower bout is very easily managable.

The guitar is also very versatile. It works fantastically well for bare fingers, but also loves a pick and also strumming. Dream guitars had the following to say about the guitar when it was there a few years ago:

"Mike Baranik is among some of the most consistent builders working today. we know what we are getting when we get a Baranik in, a flawlessly built modern voiced instrument. This JX model in East Indian Rosewood and Carpathian Spruce is built for someone who needs everything and needs it done well. If you need to do some flatpicking, this guitar will do it with power and volume, if you need to do some fingerpicking it will handle it with grace and ease. The voice is clear and precise with a focus on the fundamental. The set up is perfect and will have you wanting to come back and play at every spare moment. This is a wonderful all around guitar, I couldn't imagine a situation that it wouldn't excel in, recording, playing live, flatpicking, fingerpicking, you name it, it can do it."

https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/ba...el-string.html

Here is a review if this exact guitar (with some excellent playing) from forum member Dustin Furlow:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=555253

The condition of the guitar is somewhere between a conservative very good and excellent. There are a couple of tiny marks in the top here and there, and a little spot on the lower bout where the finish may have lifted a bit- it's a bit cloudy there. There are also a couple fret edges that are a bit sharp on the treble side around the 5th fret. You don't notice at all when playing- Only when you look for them. It took me about two weeks to notice them. This stuff wasn't even disclosed in any of the previous postings for this guitar- that's how insignificant this stuff is. I just really want to be up front about everything. The guitar is great. It plays great. The stainless steel frets look basically new. The action is perfect. It needs nothing.

Of course, if anyone is serious about the guitar I would be happy to get some current pics and also do a skype call to discuss the condition in detail.

Specs:
Back/Sides: East Indian Rosewood
Top Wood: Carpathian Spruce
Fingerboard: Ebony
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Bridge: Ebony
Rosette: Koa and Abalone
Binding: Koa
Fingerboard Bindings: Ebony
Headplate: Ebony
Headstock Bindings: Ebony
Headstock Inlay: Custom
Tuners: Gotoh 510
Tuner Finish: Chrome
Measurements
Scale: 25.6"
Nut Width: 1 25/32 in. (46 mm)
String Spacing: 2 5/16 in. (58.7 mm)
Body Length: 19 3/8 in.
Upper Bout: 10 5/8 in.
Lower Bout: 15.9"
Body Depth @Tail Block: 4.25" in.
Frets to body: 14
Pickguard: Clear
Case: Hardshell Case - Ameritage
Pickup: Highlander IP2

The guitar is in Switzerland, but I live very close to the German border. This means that I can also ship from inside the EU, so EU members can get this guitar tax and duty free!

Really I have no reason to sell it except for the desire to continue trying new guitars. I need to sell one in order to have money to buy something new. I'd also be very happy to hear trade offers for other boutique/ solo luthier guitars. I'm especially interested in finding another Froggy Bottom - I have really bonded with my K model and would love to find a little sibling. I need at least a 1 3/4" nut, but am flexible about most other other specs. I just love getting to know different guitars for a few months before sending them on their way.

Feel free to write me on the forum, but I prefer email: [email protected]

Cheers,
Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_001.jpg (125.7 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_004.jpg (146.5 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_005.jpg (117.0 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_006.jpg (81.6 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_007.jpg (92.6 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_003.jpg (133.3 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_002.jpg (108.3 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_011.jpg (131.8 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_012.jpg (106.7 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_010.jpg (116.3 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_008.jpg (134.5 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_009.jpg (126.4 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Baranik JX_013.jpg (128.7 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by brianlcox; 06-06-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: new lower price in USD
Old 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

bump this one up with a 200 Dollar price drop.

Last edited by brianlcox; 05-23-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Default bump

Hi all,

I'd love to buy the Froggy H12 that just showed up on the forum, so if you are an the fence on my Baranik, I will be very likely to accept a reasonable offer right now so that I can jump on that Frog before it gets away.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by brianlcox; 05-30-2020 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump

Lucky for me, that Froggy H12 didn't last long, so I didn't have the chance to do anything stupid.

I've been getting a bit of action on Reverb on this one, I guess it's partially because things are starting to open up after the covid crisis slows down.

I also started a discussion with the North American Guitar about a potential consignment. I'm not sure if I will go that route, but I've seen them sell a similar era Baranik with a repaired top crack for $5000 US, so even with their consignment fee I might make more money than I'm asking here by going that route.

I'd love a trade - Froggy Bottom, Santa Cruz, Goodall, Bourgeois and similar are all interesting for me. Hit me up!

Cheers,
Brian
Old 06-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump

Lots of action on this one at the moment - 4 different trade offers and a potential buyer (who looks like he will probably not go through with it as he needs to get some cash stuff sorted first).

It's like Reverb had been hiding my ad for the past couple months and the openned it up yesterday!

I also spoke with TFOA in the Netherlands about a potential trade, and they said that they would list this guitar for 4400 Euro before tax (21%) and my selling price here is what I would get from them on consignment, so I might just go that route. If you are interested in a Baranik, you'll have a very tough time finding another one at this price!
Old 06-05-2020, 08:25 PM

Default Yes! Great guitar at a great price.

I have a 2001 Baranik SJ. Adi/Koa. He makes wonderful guitars! A tonemaster. If I weren't up to my eyeballs in world class guitars, I would jump on this. Best wishes.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Default Traded

Looks like this one is going to the UK. I traded for a Bourgeois JOMc and a Webber OM in a two for one. It hurts, but at least I won't be lonely!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars