The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Cool Alvarez Yairi CY 127ce in the house

The Big Brown truck arrived yesterday and my new (10 yr old) Yairi arrived.

I found it on Craigslist and I know you can all relate to how you are on edge when you do a long-distance deal and don't get to personally see/feel/play the guitar before you buy it.

I always insist on talking a couple of times with the seller. You can gather a lot from how they sound and how they talk about care, condition of the guitar.

I was SO fortunate AGAIN in finding a seller whose description and pics was 100% on the money, and actually was in better shape than I hoped.

When you get the box off the truck and cut that tape, see that it is VERY well packaged, insured, case in top condition and finally your first look at the guitar...when it turns out to be BETTER than you hoped, new strings, sounds GREATER than you thought...ain't life grand!

I'll have a few pics next post.

Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 02-21-2011, 08:51 PM

I have never met a Yairi that I didn't like. I have very fond memories of my CY140. I only sold it because I couldn't handle a standard classical neck. Sounds like you found a real gem.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:50 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
I have never met a Yairi that I didn't like. I have very fond memories of my CY140. I only sold it because I couldn't handle a standard classical neck. Sounds like you found a real gem.
CY 140 is sweet sounding, good looking beauty. I know many folks don't like the 2" nut width.

Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical