The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-10-2019, 08:16 AM

Default Addictive Keys Instrument Question....

I just installed a Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen which comes with a free Addictive Keys for one instrument. The options are Electric Grand, Studio Grand, Modern Upright and Mark One.

I know basically nothing about this stuff and Im setting this system up to record some of my acoustic guitar songs.

I would appreciate any thoughts on which of any of these options would help with acoustic guitar. Again I know nothing about this stuff.
2019 Martin CEO-9
Old 04-10-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomnimity View Post
I just installed a Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen which comes with a free Addictive Keys for one instrument. The options are Electric Grand, Studio Grand, Modern Upright and Mark One.

I know basically nothing about this stuff and Im setting this system up to record some of my acoustic guitar songs.

I would appreciate any thoughts on which of any of these options would help with acoustic guitar. Again I know nothing about this stuff.
I'd go to the Addictive Keys website and listen to each of the sampled instruments and pick my favorite. You need a MIDI keyboard to play these.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
I'd go to the Addictive Keys website and listen to each of the sampled instruments and pick my favorite. You need a MIDI keyboard to play these.
Yeah I did see you could do that so I listened to all four. Decided to go with the electric grand.

Thanks!

Jim
2019 Martin CEO-9
Old 04-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Virtual Instruments can subject you to GAS just like physically ones do!

Speaking completely, you don't need a MIDI keyboard to use them, even if the answer above is an important simple answer for many people who don't understand how MIDI works, and yes, for non-keyboardists like myself an inexpensive small plastic MIDI keyboard is a great thing to have.

You can enter notes by hand or you can use another MIDI instrument as a controller. I use MIDI guitar interface a lot, not generally for piano sounds, but it's a very nice option for ethnic and bowed string instruments. And you can use the sound of a VI with a MIDI sequence of notes you grab from somewhere else.

Enjoy yours! I choose the upright, but then I have other grand piano and electric piano VIs to choose from.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD