The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Forgive me folks, gotta bump this incredible guitar.
-jay
'98 SRV Fender Stratocaster
Old 05-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Default Bashkin Bellezza GC - Brazilian Rosewood and Italian Spruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7347 View Post
Forgive me folks, gotta bump this incredible guitar.
-jay

Thank you Jay, I know you have had the opportunity to play several Bashkin guitars. This one may be meant for you I am still considering partial trades to help someone bring this exemplary Bashkin guitar home.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Italian Spruce - BRW

La Conner Festival Bump for this Brazilian Rosewood Bashkin beauty! Send an email with any questions - offers. I can ship again when I return next week.

Last edited by doodahdoug; 05-08-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Michael Bashkin Bellezza GC - Italian Spruce - BRW

Back from La Conner and ready to consider your offers for this special Bashkin!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:18 PM

Ok folks you're gonna have to indulge me for a bit because I'm about to go off. A bunch of years ago I was at a wonderful get together of AGF guitar players in Boulder Colorado. I had been playing only a couple of years at the time and quite frankly was pretty crumby. But true to AGF member form I was welcomed with open arms. It was there that I heard the esteemed Larry Jacobson play his Bashkin. Up till then I had listened to the usual suspects that one would encounter in their local Guitar Center plus a Lowden or two which impressed me greatly. But then Larry played his Myrtlewood Bashkin. Yeah, the one with the crazy back that I still shake my head at... a work of art to say the least. And I fell in love. Larry graciously let me play his Bashkin for about ten minutes. I was transported. I'm serious when I say I got all tingly like I was in the presence of something quite special. Years later, I still can't get that sound out of my head.

Doug mentions that I've played a few Bashkin's since Michael's shop is about a half hour from my house. The thing that always impressed me for all the ones I've played is the consistency of tone. They all had a special tone, with differences, like fine wine or a great craft beer. The kind of nuances that are a pleasure to roll around in your head and savor with a stupid smile on your face just because.

I'm gonna end by pointing out something about Doug's guitar, it's a Braz. Just one of the most prized tone woods out there. I'm not trying to say its the best, because we all know that's so subjective. But its up there in the rafters somewhere. That's why I just shake my head that it hasn't sold yet. This guitar is such a rare opportunity.

Doug, best of luck with your sale, I can just imagine how incredible she must sound.

-jay
'98 SRV Fender Stratocaster
Old 05-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD Pending Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7347 View Post
Ok folks you're gonna have to indulge me for a bit because I'm about to go off. A bunch of years ago I was at a wonderful get together of AGF guitar players in Boulder Colorado. I had been playing only a couple of years at the time and quite frankly was pretty crumby. But true to AGF member form I was welcomed with open arms. It was there that I heard the esteemed Larry Jacobson play his Bashkin. Up till then I had listened to the usual suspects that one would encounter in their local Guitar Center plus a Lowden or two which impressed me greatly. But then Larry played his Myrtlewood Bashkin. Yeah, the one with the crazy back that I still shake my head at... a work of art to say the least. And I fell in love. Larry graciously let me play his Bashkin for about ten minutes. I was transported. I'm serious when I say I got all tingly like I was in the presence of something quite special. Years later, I still can't get that sound out of my head.

Doug mentions that I've played a few Bashkin's since Michael's shop is about a half hour from my house. The thing that always impressed me for all the ones I've played is the consistency of tone. They all had a special tone, with differences, like fine wine or a great craft beer. The kind of nuances that are a pleasure to roll around in your head and savor with a stupid smile on your face just because.

I'm gonna end by pointing out something about Doug's guitar, it's a Braz. Just one of the most prized tone woods out there. I'm not trying to say its the best, because we all know that's so subjective. But its up there in the rafters somewhere. That's why I just shake my head that it hasn't sold yet. This guitar is such a rare opportunity.

Doug, best of luck with your sale, I can just imagine how incredible she must sound.

-jay
Jay, thank you for sharing your own personal experience playing Michael Bashkin's guitars. They truly are among the top tier of modern fingerstyle guitars available today...and as of today this guitar is SOLD pending payment to a happy member of the AGF community.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars