The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-18-2020, 08:59 AM

Default ups non delivery

It's all a crap shoot these days, especially international shipping. Even before the pandemic, it was often the case I got the package before the status was updated online. It was sitting on my doorstep while the tracking said in transit.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:09 AM

I had a similar issue, not as bad as yours. My guitar was stuck in transit with no updates for about 4-5 days. Found out there was an issue with the invoice, I was annoying the hell out of UPS call center until they gave me an answer for the hold.

But I agree with all the other posters here, it's mainly gonna be an issue with the sender/UPS, they have to contact each other to get information.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:16 AM

I had a small package delivered from Russia to the US recently. Well, it arrived recently. It took close to 2 months to arrive.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertler View Post
Thanks!

Trouble 1: Delay time is out of any healthy consideration
Trouble 2: UPS is unable to find the shipment in its own network for over 2 weeks, and this is even more unhealthy situation

:-(
I shipped a tv to my parents as a gift. It made it all the way to their town but tracking stopped at the shipping facility, and the tv disappeared. My conclusion? Stolen by a worker. We had insurance to cover it. Turns out that shipping company had a lot of problems with packages disappearing.

The shipper needs to resolve this and return your money.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:56 PM

Thanks! 3rd week has ended with neither delivery nor updates or any news....

My worries are all about the potential micro-damages which can occur during this very long and absolutely ineligible transportation method, those micro-damages may or may not appear at the arrival and inspection but arise later in weeks or months.....

There are other factors ...... there are direct flights from the store's country, moreover, this flight direction is the most active here, BUT, UPS got shipped the guitar to one, then another country, and confirmed for the necessity of transits in many other countries (thousands of miles in opposite directions)...... this should be diagnosed by both psychiatrists and economists !!!

UPS has a local partner, they drive UPS minibus over here, so everything they state I am getting as UPS official responses! So these locals several times changed their statements, and they definitely sound as a total absurd and lie:

I) special rules applied to the shipments,
II) very limited number of flights,
III) shipments going to more transit countries,
IV) UPS 2-week delivery rule,
V) delivery in the 3rd week.....

There are other absurds but the above-mentioned is enough for submitting other new 10 Claims......

I will return the guitar paying for the return even if it arrives fine ......
Old 09-18-2020, 07:01 PM

My Eastman was shipped in a padded gig bag and packed nice and tight in a guitar cardboard shipping box. If not damaged I would keep it. It took us a few months to get a small package (meds) from Moscow to San Diego. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2020, 02:01 PM

Default UPS: non-delivery, 3-week outdated tracking

I work at a UPS store. Most international shipments are being held up because of customs. Right now no one is guaranteeing shipment dates because of COVID. Frustrating all the way around
Old 09-21-2020, 07:25 AM

Got a thought to share the following with you, these are taken from online forums - posts sharing UPS experience:

== When I shipped BooBoo to Joe D via UPS the shipping box looked like it hit the beaches of Normandy on June 6th 1944.

== Don't ship it on a Thursday for Tuesday delivery (don't let it sit somewhere over the weekend) and the most important thing, pack it good and worry about it day and night before it gets there

== I always use Fedex. Never had an issue ever. Numerous problems with UPS.

== After what I have experienced and read in this forum I will never again ship a guitar with UPS or buy one that would be shipped with UPS.

== I was getting a delivery of a guitar via UPS and the box was badly damaged. My git was OK, but I'll never use UPS again.

== UPS is still in the dark ages when it comes to their conveyor systems and how many people actually have to touch the packages. I will never use UPS again unless it is an item with little value.

== They're not called Unreasonable Package Smashers for nothing.

== He advised me that he never uses UPS any more, as they have the worst record in Europe for instruments damaged in transit.

== I would have my heart in my throat if I had to ship a guitar on UPS. They really handle things roughly. I bought a Lincoln Welder about 5 years ago. When it arrived, it was totally smashed.

== Wow, just wow! I call them OOPS instead of UPS.

== I haven't used UPS, and won't, for anything since they did the damage shown below to one of my Brazilian Rosewood hand-built guitars...

== Contrasted against UPS where it arrives in a dented box late in the day.

== It's rare to have both guitars broken from UPS and same SPOT.....
Old 09-21-2020, 02:41 PM

I recently had an international shipment takes 10 weeks when 2-3 was promised. The tracking didn't update for 6 weeks. And then it just started getting updated and I had the item a week later. Hopefully you see some action on yours soon!

Good Guys:
Howlin Bob,skiproberts,Dustinfurlow, jherr, sevenpalms, Methos1979, Flat Top, bgpicker, Luria, TobyWalker, JerryM,jonfields45,eljay,buddyhu,funky2x
Old 09-25-2020, 01:15 PM

Default Refund: completing and closing the case

Dear All,

4 weeks and nothing!

This is how UPS notified today: "Since the delivery date of package had passed and it was not scanned for the last 3 business days, we already consider this as a missing package."

I have got the same messages from UPS at the end of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks of shipping, however the store was telling another scenario of UPS being in the process of searching and investigating.......

So, I would like the store to refund me as quick as possible without any comments and suggestions. The one of the basic methods is doing that through the bank........

Can you recommend other effective ways and methods to shortly complete the refund process ??

Your suggestions matter significantly. Thank you!!
Old 09-25-2020, 08:46 PM

I would probably call the seller and let them know you received the message from UPS and would like a prompt refund. If they refuse, and it is a credit card purchase, then I would tell them that I am disputing the charge. The seller has to deal with UPS and should have insurance on the shipment. The right thing to do is refund your money or ship another guitar.
The credit card company will probably want to know that you tried to get a refund and the seller wasn't cooperarting.

I hope you get it resolved. The seller should take care of you.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amite View Post
I would probably call the seller and let them know you received the message from UPS and would like a prompt refund. If they refuse, and it is a credit card purchase, then I would tell them that I am disputing the charge. The seller has to deal with UPS and should have insurance on the shipment. The right thing to do is refund your money or ship another guitar.
The credit card company will probably want to know that you tried to get a refund and the seller wasn't cooperarting.

I hope you get it resolved. The seller should take care of you.

Hello, and thank you for the notes!
The store (seller) is fully aware of the case, moreover, they say they work with UPS staff locally and hope the guitar arrives soon ..... BUT, the UPS Customer Service responds on lost ......
The order has No Hassle Insurance, I have got contacted my bank yesterday and notified on the case, and forwarded all the details requested by the bank..... awaiting next instructions.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:01 AM

Thumbs down UPSurd

Shipped late August, today October has begun, still nothing but the same transit tracking of 04 September appeared on September 29 .......

I can not understand these are all of UPS standards, or just of their local partner company's ......

Total UPSurd (absurd) !!!

Last edited by Schertler; 10-01-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Default 5th week ending ...

Trying to contact HQ in Georgia for a real assistance I got found this complaints page:

https://headquarterscomplaints.org/u...ontact-number/

These letters/comments from customers should be just enough for creating a new tragicomedy on Hollywood .........
Old 10-07-2020, 11:45 AM

I ordered a GS Mini on Sept 11 from a large, well-known online retailer. On its expected delivery date it still showed the package in Hodgkins, IL. A few days later an "investigation" was started. Monday I got a call from the retailer that they now had the guitar and offered to ship it back to me.

I said no thanks.

Found one locally I could try and buy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion