The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 AM

Default Woolson Soundcraft LG Double-Top Value

Woolson Soundcraft LG Double-Top Sold
Thanks.

Last edited by Dwight; 10-04-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Removed Listing and Link to Classifieds
Old 03-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Is LG close to a parlor size?

Paul makes wonderful guitars and this one seems reasonably priced. Maybe its just the economy in general or maybe even the burst that is not for everyone (I actually like it)?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:53 AM

I'm not sure that I would say it is overpriced, I own a Woolson and feel comfortable saying you are in the ballpark. A couple of observations though - it is a buyer's market right now, and at that price point there is a wide variety of excellent guitars to choose from. Your guitar has several features, e.g. burst, Walnut back, that may cause some hesitation on the part of certain buyers.

This is not at all a reflection on the quality of your guitar or your price, but rather a recognition that there are a fair amount of consumers that feel more confident in the purchase of a well-known commodity, e.g. a Collings OM, and are a little hesitant when it comes to a luthier build with a wood combo they may never have even played.

I think you have a great guitar that will fits someones needs perfectly, it just may take some time...
Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Not overpriced. You'd be hard pressed to buy that guitar new for anywhere near that.

But it's a buyers market and these small boutique brands can take some time to move.

Just a lot of nice stuff on the market.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Paul makes a great guitar, and I think you have it priced fairly. If it were me though, I'd get it out to one of the high end shops, make a price adjustment if necessary and let them get it sold. Overall a much better shot to move it.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:05 PM

I think you just need to be patient...I love the aesthetic of Paul's guitars and yours is no exception.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolside View Post
I have my Woolson Soundcraft LG Double-Top listed in the classified. I'm wondering why I have only one inquiry so far. Is it mis-priced or something else? Thanks.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...hlight=woolson
I really love that guitar. My planned guitar purchase went on hold last October when we decided to put in a pool.

Now all the good guitars come out! Seriously.

I'm not a jumbo guy, but fell in love with that beautiful SJ that Dennis built, and now this thing of yours comes along.... They dig tomorrow, or I might be in trouble.

Honestly, I did some research and understand what you have, and I don't have a problem with the price, at all. But, when I started, I really didn't understand what a double top really was.... I wonder if I'm alone in that?

Economy is really rough for some folks, but seems to be improving a bit. I have two or three lower end guitars that I'm just holding right now as I don't need the funds and don't want to give them away. If it doesn't have Martin or Taylor on the headstock, you have to be patient and have to work at it!

Best of luck.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolside View Post
I have my Woolson Soundcraft LG Double-Top listed in the classified. I'm wondering why I have only one inquiry so far. Is it mis-priced or something else? Thanks.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...hlight=woolson
Have you mentioned to Paul that you're selling it? He may have a lead or two for you. I'd email him as he might be able to help you out.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM
*mahoganut*

I think it's just timing. The price is quite fair if one were in the market for one of Paul's excellent guitars.

I've had a Taylor all mahogany listed for a couple of months - anticipating that tax refund checks might help feed the potential buyer base - but there's a small group of all mahogany enthusiasts to begin with, so I haven't had any enquiries. I have it priced high with extras and low(er) bare bones, and still no bites, or even interest.

So, my conclusion is, that it is still both a buyer's market as well as affected by the economy. I suggest to you what I suggest to myself - be patient, consider the time value of money in reverse (should I lower the price now to get someone to buy it sooner, or wait for that "perfect" buyer to finally come along?) and don't lose hope.

Best,

Phil

Paragon RW/Macassar Ebony Baritone
Rainsong S OM1100-N2
Woolson LS RW/30s African mahogany LG 12
Baranik LS RW/"tree" mahogany OO
Baranik Blue Spruce/"tree" mahogany OM
Boswell RW/koa OO
Baranik Retreux Parlour Adi/Pumaquiro
Baranik Blue Spruce/Coco Meridian "Geo"
Baranik Blue Spruce/Kingwood OO
Woolson T13 RW/Walnut SIG
Old 03-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

That's a great price for a great guitar. Buyer's market indeed. I had very few inquiries on my Froggy Bottom A-12 and then after it sold I had three people bummed they missed it. I think a lot of folks hold out for a price drop because if you really need to sell, which a lot of people do these days, you'll come down. I'd hang in there if you could. It's a rare and unique instrument and is going to take a focused buyer.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement and support of Paul's work.

Last edited by Dwight; 03-26-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:14 PM

I think that is a strikingly beautiful instrument.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcKee View Post
Paul makes a great guitar, and I think you have it priced fairly. If it were me though, I'd get it out to one of the high end shops, make a price adjustment if necessary and let them get it sold. Overall a much better shot to move it.
I agree that a good shop is worth a thought, but even there the guitars are moving slowly. I have had a good quality hand-built up for sale at a great shop for more than a year now, and I have been watching a couple of guitars I played at Dream - they have been there for 18 months now. So hang in there!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:13 AM

I can say this, if I could afford that guitar it would be gone already. Wow, what an elegant, sexy lady she is.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop