The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-14-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenT View Post
The Other Surly, a Pugsley. This was this summer's Craigs List find, the Pugsley was the first fat tire bike. Wasn't looking for a fat tire bike but the price was right and it's perfect for the trails around our MN cabin. This thing glides over rough ground. Lots of fun.

I dig the Surly sensibility,..

"Maximalist off-road tourists, explorers looking to get off the beaten path, and survivalists for whom being stranded isn’t an option will all appreciate Pugsley’s wide footprint, long and stable wheelbase, and plethora of accessory mounts.

Since way back in twenty-aught-three, Pugsley has seen it all: intercontinental bikepacking trips, bushwhacking at its finest, mirages in the desert, and countless souls taking on the Arrowhead 135 ultra-endurance race. It’s seen some, shall we say, sticky situations, but it always finds its way out. Its proven track record gives it the calling card as the quintessential fat tire expedition bike.

“Any bike will get you out there. Pugsley will get you home.”

Very good. They are very nice bikes and perfect if your riding doesn't call for the new widest class of tires.

Two of my friends ride that Arrowhead 135. The young woman who does it and other major adventure races is one of the special people I've had the privilege to meet via volunteer work. Our age differences creates a fun parental sort of enthusiasm for what she does.

Your two bikes are complementary and I sort of chuckle because my wife's assigned her far superior fat bike to me the one who generally likes the steel bikes. Hers is the composite frame and fits the wider yet tires. What was mine has the same width tires as your Pugsly.

I've got studded fat tires in my budget.

Enjoy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic