The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-11-2019, 02:46 PM

Default Alert: Letionel.com might not be legit!

I just found out that Letionel might be a scam site. So sorry if they are! I do not know for sure yet, but sure did not want to pull someone into a scam.

I called the bank, reversed the transaction and asked for a new card just in case. Sure hope no one has to go through the trouble I am going through because of this thread.

Last edited by Gitaman; 10-11-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcuttler View Post
The LaMancha comes with Savarez 510 AJ strings, and can be purchased from Guitar Salon International for $11.95. I just bought 5 sets from them. It's a screaming deal.

There is a sticker on the bridge commerating the award from the German teachers association from 2113-2014, which indicates that my guitar may have been in storage for about 5 years. So even though I have only been playing it for a short time, the strings have probably been on it for many years and need to be replaced.

After you get your guitar and if you are considering lowering the action some more let me know, and I will measure the string height I ended up with. It's quite playable and does not buzz.
Sounds like you like the stock strings and it is good to know where to buy cheap. How long did you have to wait before the arrival of LaMancha?
Old 10-12-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post
Sounds like you like the stock strings and it is good to know where to buy cheap. How long did you have to wait before the arrival of LaMancha?
Well I am not too picky about strings, and do not have the time or inclination to keep tying different sets looking for a marginal improvement. It's not like I have two identical guitars to do comparisons, which means you are always comparing the new strings against your memory of the old strings. I would rather spend my time playing the guitar than experiment with strings.

I will make the effort if the original strings just sucked like the ones that came with the Cordoba Mini.

If I remember it took about 4 days to get from TX to Oakland in the Bay Area, and they did a good job of packing it.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Well I am not too picky about strings, and do not have the time or inclination to keep tying different sets looking for a marginal improvement. It's not like I have two identical guitars to do comparisons, which means you are always comparing the new strings against your memory of the old strings. I would rather spend my time playing the guitar than experiment with strings.

I will make the effort if the original strings just sucked like the ones that came with the Cordoba Mini.

If I remember it took about 4 days to get from TX to Oakland in the Bay Area, and they did a good job of packing it.
Just ordered from Stringbymails, 3 sets of 510AJP. $3 for shipping flat rate and no tax. For all the support you have given me, I would be more than happy to mail you the third set. It is supposed to be an improved version of AJ. Per FedEx, my LaMancha will be in my hands on Tuesday and don't be surprised if I disappear from forum for days.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Just ordered from Stringbymails, 3 sets of 510AJP. $3 for shipping flat rate and no tax. For all the support you have given me, I would be more than happy to mail you the third set. It is supposed to be an improved version of AJ. Per FedEx, my LaMancha will be in my hands on Tuesday and don't be surprised if I disappear from forum for days.
No need to mail the strings as I am well stocked. I just hope you are as happy with the new LaMancha guitar as I am with mine.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
No need to mail the strings as I am well stocked. I just hope you are as happy with the new LaMancha guitar as I am with mine.
DC, It has been as much joy waiting for this baby as it had been for my X7 and OF660... at a fractional cost and can't wait to A/B with cgs102a both strung with 510AJP strings.

I could use your experience with 1/2 size and recommend a strap and/or best ways to install strap buttons. My OF660 is getting too heavy for walks in the woods with my wife. And I have CGS102a just dying to go smell some redwoods with Zzanggu, my mini schnauzer mutt.

Last edited by Gitaman; 10-14-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
DC, It has been as much joy waiting for this baby as it had been for my X7 and OF660... at a fractional cost and can't wait to A/B with 510AJP strings.

I could use your experience with 1/2 size and recommend a strap and/or best ways to install strap buttons. My OF660 is getting too heavy for walks in the woods with my wife. And I have CGS102a just dying to go smell some redwoods with Zzanggu, my mini schnauzer mutt.
Send me a pm with your contact information and I will try to help you out.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:09 AM

Got my LaMancha Rubi S(German spruce, solid) 53 yesterday. Here are the comp. Pictures. Smaller body all around except lower bout width and 1/8 shorter scale length than Cgs102a(21). 53cm is around 20.8. I will spend more time before commenting but is well made.

DC, I will PM you again, I never tried it and must have done incorrectly. I heard some people just put one button on at the bottom of the heel and strap... Does not look balanced for my CGS nor Rubi 53.

Last edited by Gitaman; 10-16-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Got my LaMancha Rubi S(German spruce, solid) 53 yesterday. Here are the comp. Pictures. Smaller body all around except lower bout width and 1/8 shorter scale length than Cgs102a(21). 53cm is around 20.8. I will spend more time before commenting but is well made.
How wide is the nut on the LaManchi? I've heard its only 45mm
Old 10-16-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCats View Post
They come in two widths the wide is 48mm.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:

DC, I will PM you again, I never tried it and must have done incorrectly. I heard some people just put one button on at the bottom of the heel and strap... Does not look balanced for my CGS nor Rubi 53.
I installed strap buttons on the bottom of the guitar, and the heel of the neck. I also use inexpensive adjustable ukulele straps, which work perfectly. I am not a fan of mounting a strap to the headstock.

I have your phone number and can text some photos when I get home this afternoon if you want them.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:39 PM

Default CS i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCats View Post
48mm is what I got with a rounder neck profile compared to CGS102's shouldered a tiny bit. Both very comfortable. For half the price and warmer, fuller tone despite the old unwinding bass strings, CGS is a clear winner. However, I like the brighter and beautiful voicing of La Mancha just as much. Neither take up much space and so far, both keepers. They are both solid spruce tops and CGS sounds more open and is an older floor model with no slits on the headstock like new ones supposedly. La Mancha came with a brochure that mentions a teachers' award from 2019 to 2020... must be a new batch.

DC, I would appreciate seeing how you strapped it.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:31 PM

Default cgs102a one summer night.m4a - SoundCloud

Listen to cgs102a one summer night.m4a by h2o on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-57265003...ht-m4a/s-JiHOP
The forum administrator, thank you for assistance!

Ok, took a while to find a way to organize the mess, but I will try to upload the La Mancha version to compare. I am new to all this and just trying to find ways for you judge for yourself. I know, I try to cover up and get all lengthy and ended up with different versions with terrible sense of rhythm but at least you get the idea of what it is like to have one of these teady bears.

Last edited by Gitaman; 10-16-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 AM

The only way to upload the La Mancha sound sample is to start another thread. Not going there. I don't think anyone is interested. All I can say is I am playing more, seeing the whole fret board much quicker and overall, and they are both keepers.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
The only way to upload the La Mancha sound sample is to start another thread. Not going there. I don't think anyone is interested. All I can say is I am playing more, seeing the whole fret board much quicker and overall, and they are both keepers.
I am glad you are enjoying the LaMancha. I am getting about the same amount of playing time between my LaMancha and the Romero creations D HO 6 STRING. The cedar top on my lamancha tends to mellow the sound (I think), which can sometimes sound a bit tinny on smaller instruments.

In retrospect had I run across these smaller scale guitars years ago, I would not have given up learning to play the classical guitar. It could be that decent reduced scale guitars were not even available then.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical