The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:39 AM
fitness1's Avatar
fitness1 fitness1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central Lower Michigan
Posts: 17,314
Default

Listened to it a couple of times....I like the Blackwood the best - seems to have a little more volume and punch in the upper mids/trebles and better string separation overall.

Just my .02 worth
__________________
"One small heart, and a great big soul that's driving"

'13 Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
'13 Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
'14 Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Dustinfurlow Dustinfurlow is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Listened to it a couple of times....I like the Blackwood the best - seems to have a little more volume and punch in the upper mids/trebles and better string separation overall.

Just my .02 worth
I’m gonna be using it for a majority of tracks on my upcoming album for that album. The balance is great overall with a warm quality to it.just seems to project melodies on the high strings a bit more.
__________________
Beneteau SJ (Italian/Black Walnut)
Beneteau CS (Euro/African Blackwood)
Beneteau M (Carpathian/Ebony)
Larrivee L-09 (Italian/Madagascar)
Larrivee LS-03 (Italian/Mahogany)

D’Addario Strings and K&K Sound Product Endorser

Fingerstyle and original tunes on my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Hasbro Hasbro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 400
Default

I had a chance to listen to your music on Spotify, prior to this thread I did not know you were a recording artist. I seen your vids here on the Forum and knew you had some major guitar chops, but while you got a great voice too. If you are ever in the Austin area reach out and let me know we could do a house concert or something.
__________________
really likes guitars
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-17-2018, 07:12 PM
SoCalSurf SoCalSurf is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 294
Default

Loved all three! For what it's worth I found the jumbo to be a bit suppressed in tone. The Blackwood stood out most to me in terms of clarity and volume.

You won't go wrong with any of them, though!
__________________
FOR SALE: Kronbauer SMB Port Orford Ceder/Cocobolo 12-Fret
Lowden S35 Sinker Redwood/Tasmanian Blackwood
Taylor Custom GC Adi/Cocobolo; 562ce 12-String
Gibson SJ-200; Sj-200 12-String
Cole Clark Angel 2 Australian Redwood/Blackwood
Preston Thompson O All Koa Custom (in build 2018)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-17-2018, 09:23 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 22,807
Default

Wow, choosing between them for a tune is a problem I wish I had. Beautiful sounding instruments.
__________________



Barry

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Serenity (an original - Martin D-16GT version):



Avalon L2-20C, Gibson J-45, Guild D-55, Guild D-120ce, Larrivee OM-05, Martin D-16GT, (plus 1 more here )

and Alvarez, Seagull, Washburn guitars.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:00 AM
rémy64 rémy64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Default

They are all excellent, however my preference is for Blackwood. This is the one that would suit me the most for the fingerstle
__________________
O Romantique jean-marie Fouilleul
00 jean-marie Fouilleul
OM thomas Féjoz
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Dustinfurlow Dustinfurlow is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I had a chance to listen to your music on Spotify, prior to this thread I did not know you were a recording artist. I seen your vids here on the Forum and knew you had some major guitar chops, but while you got a great voice too. If you are ever in the Austin area reach out and let me know we could do a house concert or something.
Hey man! Love doing house concerts. Thank you for the kind words, hoping to be in TX this April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSurf View Post
Loved all three! For what it's worth I found the jumbo to be a bit suppressed in tone. The Blackwood stood out most to me in terms of clarity and volume.

You won't go wrong with any of them, though!
I agree with the ABW preference, the SJ is only a few months old so it does need some time to open up the mids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Wow, choosing between them for a tune is a problem I wish I had. Beautiful sounding instruments.
Thank you. Marc’s guitars just work for me out of the dozens of makers I’ve come across, and in the upper-end single luthier world they’re priced quite reasonably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rémy64 View Post
They are all excellent, however my preference is for Blackwood. This is the one that would suit me the most for the fingerstle
I’ve been having fun with it for fingerstyle, awesome balance with rich mids.
__________________
Beneteau SJ (Italian/Black Walnut)
Beneteau CS (Euro/African Blackwood)
Beneteau M (Carpathian/Ebony)
Larrivee L-09 (Italian/Madagascar)
Larrivee LS-03 (Italian/Mahogany)

D’Addario Strings and K&K Sound Product Endorser

Fingerstyle and original tunes on my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=