The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-19-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
he could, and would, play with anyone. one of my favs is roy and gatemouth!
That album is one of my favorites, too. When my friends and I would get together, one of the games we'd play was, "Guess the artist". We'd play a record and folks would try to guess who it was. The Roy and Gatemouth album fooled 'em every time because it wasn't how my rocker friends thought of Roy. (FYI, the first Journey records worked really well in that game, too.) I was lucky enough to be on a shoot that featured Roy way back when. My director and I had to wait around until he finished a press conference, then we came in, shot our testimonial with him, and packed up our stuff to leave. He said, "Do you guys have to get back right away?" Since this was our last shoot of the day, we told him we didn't. Roy ordered a 12 pack of beer from room service and we spent the next hour or so chatting, drinking beer, and listening to him and Rodney Lay tell stories on each other. It also gave me a chance to ask him how he came to record an album with Gatemouth Brown. He thought it was funny that this would be the record I'd ask him about. He said it was something he and Gate had talked about doing for many years, but the timing never was quite right. One day they said, "We just need to do this thing now or else we'll never get around to it." So off to the studio they went. R.I.P., Roy. You'll be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5d8KtpIoEQ
Yamaha FG730S
1950 Epiphone Triumph

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic