The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Default Breedlove American Series 000/SM

Breedlove American Series 000/SM (Sitka Spruce/Mahogany)
Built In Bend, OR 2005

I apologize in advance for the long description. It reflects how much I like this guitar. I'm only selling it because I just recently bought back a Breedlove Revival 000/AM Deluxe that I regretted selling here a few years ago. The Breedlove 000/AM Deluxe cost a lot more, but honestly it sounds nearly the same. The Deluxe has an Adirondack Spruce top which might change the tone a little bit; the only other differences are cosmetic. They are both so easy to play.

It has a nice balanced rich tone, deep clear bass, strong mids and crisp clear highs. I just love hitting the bass notes and both feeling/hearing them. Overall, it is a very loud guitar; don't let the smaller size fool you. I've always loved the look of slotted headstocks. It also provides more string pressure over the nut which results in a little more punch and sustain. The 12 fret neck positions the sound hole closer to the center of the body. Breedlove made these with a graduated thickness top (thinner at the edges and thicker in the middle) which allows the top to vibrate more freely. The combined effect of these design features results in a brilliant sounding instrument. Breedlove describes the 000 tone as "powerful and explosive". It's great for strumming and flatpicking, but I mostly love fingerpicking it. The sound just pours out of it even when strings are lightly plucked. It is lightly built, weighing in at just 4 lb 1 oz. The top looks perfectly quartersawn with beautiful silking and no runout. The rosewood fretboard has nice grain variegation.

I've owned a lot of USA built (pre-Two Old Hippies) Breedlove guitars over the years. I've always been impressed with the quality of woods used and the overall craftsmanship. These American Series guitars were hand built by experienced luthiers. The "Revival" 000 guitars were initially part of the American Series, but they were later labeled as Revival Series for marketing purposes. The differences between this one and the Revival 000 is that rosewood is used instead of ebony for the fretboard, bridge and headstock overlay. This one has black binding instead of faux tortoise. The Revival 000 has a basic black and white soundhole rosette. This one has a beautiful abalone rosette. The headstock has the classic Breedlove "B" logo, also in abalone. The general build specs including the 'pre-war' forward shifted scalloped X bracing pattern and graduated thickness top is the same as the Revival Series. This guitar has the exact same one piece mahogany neck that they used on the 000 Revival Series; no joints at the headstock or heel, and no wings! The neck even has a nice volute, a cool feature that disappeared in the later years of the Revival Series. The scale length is 25.5" and the nut is 1 3/4"; string spacing at the saddle is 2 1/4". The neck profile is what I would describe as a soft C shape, and it has a very smooth satin finish. The mahogany back and sides have a satin finish; the top has a gloss finish. It has the factory installed L.R. Baggs EAS VTC (volume and tone control) electronics.

This guitar has been well cared for and is in excellent condition. There are no significant dings or scratches to be found, and only the faintest hint of fret wear. I've always kept it as close as possible to 45% humidity. The original deluxe Breedlove hard shell case with keys is included. It was recently set up by a local shop and the strings are new (D'Addario EXP16). I have a Martin box in great condition with the factory inserts ready to go.

$1500 includes shipping.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

A gift for Mom?
Old 05-10-2021, 09:59 AM

I love my Breedlove 000. Buy with confidence from Jeff.

This a good buy and a good seller.

I have no affiliation other that I bough a guia=tar from him.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the post. We have very similar tastes in guitars.
I hope you keep your Breedlove 000! It's a unique one!!
JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolleiguy54 View Post
I love my Breedlove 000. Buy with confidence from Jeff.

This a good buy and a good seller.

I have no affiliation other that I bough a guia=tar from him.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:24 PM

Default Beautiful Revival

I'm interested in your guitar Jeff. New to the forum, how are purchases handled?
Thanks,
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR. View Post
Breedlove American Series 000/SM (Sitka Spruce/Mahogany)
Built In Bend, OR 2005

I apologize in advance for the long description. It reflects how much I like this guitar. I'm only selling it because I just recently bought back a Breedlove Revival 000/AM Deluxe that I regretted selling here a few years ago. The Breedlove 000/AM Deluxe cost a lot more, but honestly it sounds nearly the same. The Deluxe has an Adirondack Spruce top which might change the tone a little bit; the only other differences are cosmetic. They are both so easy to play.

It has a nice balanced rich tone, deep clear bass, strong mids and crisp clear highs. I just love hitting the bass notes and both feeling/hearing them. Overall, it is a very loud guitar; don't let the smaller size fool you. I've always loved the look of slotted headstocks. It also provides more string pressure over the nut which results in a little more punch and sustain. The 12 fret neck positions the sound hole closer to the center of the body. Breedlove made these with a graduated thickness top (thinner at the edges and thicker in the middle) which allows the top to vibrate more freely. The combined effect of these design features results in a brilliant sounding instrument. Breedlove describes the 000 tone as "powerful and explosive". It's great for strumming and flatpicking, but I mostly love fingerpicking it. The sound just pours out of it even when strings are lightly plucked. It is lightly built, weighing in at just 4 lb 1 oz. The top looks perfectly quartersawn with beautiful silking and no runout. The rosewood fretboard has nice grain variegation.

I've owned a lot of USA built (pre-Two Old Hippies) Breedlove guitars over the years. I've always been impressed with the quality of woods used and the overall craftsmanship. These American Series guitars were hand built by experienced luthiers. The "Revival" 000 guitars were initially part of the American Series, but they were later labeled as Revival Series for marketing purposes. The differences between this one and the Revival 000 is that rosewood is used instead of ebony for the fretboard, bridge and headstock overlay. This one has black binding instead of faux tortoise. The Revival 000 has a basic black and white soundhole rosette. This one has a beautiful abalone rosette. The headstock has the classic Breedlove "B" logo, also in abalone. The general build specs including the 'pre-war' forward shifted scalloped X bracing pattern and graduated thickness top is the same as the Revival Series. This guitar has the exact same one piece mahogany neck that they used on the 000 Revival Series; no joints at the headstock or heel, and no wings! The neck even has a nice volute, a cool feature that disappeared in the later years of the Revival Series. The scale length is 25.5" and the nut is 1 3/4"; string spacing at the saddle is 2 1/4". The neck profile is what I would describe as a soft C shape, and it has a very smooth satin finish. The mahogany back and sides have a satin finish; the top has a gloss finish. It has the factory installed L.R. Baggs EAS VTC (volume and tone control) electronics.

This guitar has been well cared for and is in excellent condition. There are no significant dings or scratches to be found, and only the faintest hint of fret wear. I've always kept it as close as possible to 45% humidity. The original deluxe Breedlove hard shell case with keys is included. It was recently set up by a local shop and the strings are new (D'Addario EXP16). I have a Martin box in great condition with the factory inserts ready to go.

$1500 includes shipping.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:09 PM

I’ll vouch for Dan. He is a stand up guy and a good friend. I told him about your Breedlove earlier today Jeff.

Chris
Old 05-12-2021, 09:30 PM

Default Breedlove Rev

Thanks Chris! Thanks in advance, Jeff.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGuitar View Post
Thanks Chris! Thanks in advance, Jeff.
I sent you a PM. Thanks.
Jeff
Old 05-13-2021, 10:19 PM