The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-19-2021, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
I have been bouncing in realtime and I can hear the song playing just fine while it's bouncing. I have tried all of the usual file players on my computer, including Microsoft player and the others that come stock. The MP3 files created with Mixcraft all play fine.

I did have it export to a track in Studio One and it played fine in that program. Stand alone files are not though.
Not much help and I am still on V--4 something. Does windows have an option like Mac to "Get info" to click and open the file information once processed into MP3 ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 04-19-2021, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Not much help and I am still on V--4 something. Does windows have an option like Mac to "Get info" to click and open the file information once processed into MP3 ?
You can right click and get file properties. I'll take a look and see if anything is amiss.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I have been bouncing in realtime and I can hear the song playing just fine while it's bouncing. I have tried all of the usual file players on my computer, including Microsoft player and the others that come stock. The MP3 files created with Mixcraft all play fine.

I did have it export to a track in Studio One and it played fine in that program. Stand alone files are not though.
I think I'd try (just for purposes of a process of elimination) exporting to the desk-top and re-importing to a fresh Studio One session. The idea of course is to see if the bounce process itself is corrupted. If it is corrupted the re-imported audio should remain funky.

Also, as a default Studio One selects the main output as a bounce path unless you've setup other output options. It worth taking a look to make sure "main out" is selected.

You could, if inclined, post the corrupt MP3 bounce. There's some Mac users here and if the corrupt MP3 played ok from a Mac it might shed some light on what might be your next move.

Finally (at least for the moment) are you using any third party plug-ins that might perhaps be out of date? Maybe record a single track of audio (anything would do) and try bouncing with no instantiated plug-ins. That would point to, or away from, a bad plug-in.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. I decided to uninstall then reinstall Studio One and now it works fine. No idea what was going on there!
Old 04-20-2021, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I decided to uninstall then reinstall Studio One and now it works fine. No idea what was going on there!
Hey great, most likely some file was corrupted now I feel better because I have been thinking of upgrading to 5

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD