The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-27-2018, 04:21 PM

I've been extremely happy with MIM Tele's and Strat's, but only after replacing pickups. (lol, I usually put humbuckers in them!)

For right out of the box that just works...you can't beat the PRS SE line. I had an SE Santana model that was fabulous. That's one I wish I had back!

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><
Old 05-01-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
I have had few electrics but didn't like the sound of most and feel of some so again looking for electric.
I don't like strat models. I haven't tried the american made ones though.

What brand/models should I be looking for?

ESP or Schecter look good but haven't gotten chance to try one yet.
I would checkout some of Washburn's Electric guitar models. They make a really solid guitar. The Parallaxe series really is top notch.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:01 AM

Default YAMAHA

N o ne mentioned the NEW Pacifica line Quite a line too . I picked one up today , Bare Wood / w White 2 singles and one bucker W Case for $300 new Plays like butter no buzzing sounds great Very low action . Wasnt even planning on buying anything . Same Scale 25+ as the acoustic as had 2 epi SHORT Scale Les Pauls scale 24 which always screwed me up when going back to acoustic , id slide too far or not far enough annoying temporarily . just wanted something to make some noise and play around with as have 4 Amps .mostly not being used, they will now , all can operate on batteries also . Seems Yamaha has REDONE the line I know it was out 20 + years ago , many improvements made now . Could not locate nut width but VERY VERY NARROW , played great for me . Looked like 1 1/8 ... ????

Last edited by SpiderTrap; 05-02-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Used G&L ASAT Tribute Classic. About $300 Used. Solid as can be, though a touch on the heavyish side(8-8.5 lbs)
Fender RW Flea Jazz
Squier Sonic Pbass
Acoustic 30 watt Bass Amp
Ampeg 20watt bass amp
all sorts of guitar picks, capos and bits n' bobs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars