The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Charter Member

Spectacular. Surprised it’s not gone.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:33 AM

I know it's weird to say a $12k guitar is a great deal, but holy heck, it's got like 25% more braz than your average braz guitar. It's a brazapalooza.

Also being a 1934 series and with the attention to detail for these particular Diamond Dave builds, I have to imagine this is pretty much as good as it gets from SCGC.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:34 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Did you know that the UCSC school mascot is the Banana Slug? Recent ground-breaking Research by my Explorers Club Colleague Dr. Jut Wynne has shown that not only are they simultaneous hermaphrodites, but that they are able to jump to distances nearing sixteen feet. After waiting sometimes as long as a few weeks for prey to approach, the typically catatonic creatures suddenly extrude their ritually preened cloaca, flinging one of the world's most potent neurotoxins know to man directly into the oral mucosa. This triggers horrific glossomegaly, uncontrollable drooling, and multi-system organ failure. It is a tragic series of neurologic events, starting with loss of motor, bowel and bladder control, an incredibly painful spasm of the forearm and inter-carpal muscles, rendering guitar playing impossible. Then a slow ascending paralysis similar to Guillian Barre syndrome occurs, but spares three critical ares of brain function: C345 to allow breathing, the central hearing and processing areas, and in a cruel twist of fate, one of the most primal areas of the brain stem, forcing our now essentially vegetative patient to listen to an endless repeating earworm of Baby Slug Doo Doo Doo, etc.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpartrick View Post
Did you know that the UCSC school mascot is the Banana Slug? Recent ground-breaking Research by my Explorers Club Colleague Dr. Jut Wynne has shown that not only are they simultaneous hermaphrodites, but that they are able to jump to distances nearing sixteen feet. After waiting sometimes as long as a few weeks for prey to approach, the typically catatonic creatures suddenly extrude their ritually preened cloaca, flinging one of the world's most potent neurotoxins know to man directly into the oral mucosa. This triggers horrific glossomegaly, uncontrollable drooling, and multi-system organ failure. It is a tragic series of neurologic events, starting with loss of motor, bowel and bladder control, an incredibly painful spasm of the forearm and inter-carpal muscles, rendering guitar playing impossible. Then a slow ascending paralysis similar to Guillian Barre syndrome occurs, but spares three critical ares of brain function: C345 to allow breathing, the central hearing and processing areas, and in a cruel twist of fate, one of the most primal areas of the brain stem, forcing our now essentially vegetative patient to listen to an endless repeating earworm of Baby Slug Doo Doo Doo, etc.
I had no idea!
Old 06-21-2020, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hmm, I did not know that either .. At least I'm still learning something new everyday...

That information deserves a bump.... someone buy this guitar already !!!
Old 06-21-2020, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

One struggles to find the words. Simply a masterpiece !
Old 07-02-2020, 12:22 PM

Boy, I wish I were closer to Key West to try it out. BTW, one of my favorite places on Earth..
Would have to be sure that nut / spacing / sound would coerce me. I keep looking at small builder guitars and this knocks me out visually!

Martin Custom Authentic 000-28 1937

Martin 1944 00-18
Old 07-02-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJNies View Post
Boy, I wish I were closer to Key West to try it out. BTW, one of my favorite places on Earth..
Would have to be sure that nut / spacing / sound would coerce me. I keep looking at small builder guitars and this knocks me out visually!
That 00-30 ain't too shabby either. What's the nut width?
Old 07-02-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
That 00-30 ain't too shabby either. What's the nut width?
1.75", and agree it's fairly nice.

Martin Custom Authentic 000-28 1937

Martin 1944 00-18
Old 07-04-2020, 03:00 PM

The rumor on these 34 models is that the wood Mr. Hoover selects must be old. I cannot confirm or deny this, but that's the word from an unidentified SC employee.

What I can say is that the top is the nicest tight even grained red spruce I have ever seen, and the Brazilian ain't too shabby either. It has the tone to match!
Old 07-07-2020, 07:23 AM

Default Tone

Hi all, Matthew gave me the opportunity to play this guitar recently. It had the sweetest tone I have ever heard. Just pleasant to listen to. Makes me want to become a better guitar player really. Looks are incredible as well. Whoever buys will enjoy immensely. GLWS Matthew and thank you!
Old 08-01-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggoodfliesh View Post
Hi all, Matthew gave me the opportunity to play this guitar recently. It had the sweetest tone I have ever heard. Just pleasant to listen to. Makes me want to become a better guitar player really. Looks are incredible as well. Whoever buys will enjoy immensely. GLWS Matthew and thank you!
Thanks! Glad you got a chance to check it out.

Bump to the top after a very long trip out of the country
Old 08-01-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Such a nice SCGC, DONT DO IT....!!! got a car to sell instead...?
Yep Matt. Listen to Dave.’
I have regretted selling my ‘34 D With those pre 1934 tonewoods.
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 08-02-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
Yep Matt. Listen to Dave.’
I have regretted selling my ‘34 D With those pre 1934 tonewoods.
too true!
Old 08-04-2020, 06:52 AM

boost it up chirren!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars