The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-23-2019, 06:53 PM

Default Repair/replacement of Taylor ES1.1 system

My friend owns Taylor 614 (2006) with ES1.1. Its preamp recently died and he asked me for help to figure out the solution. I contacted Taylor on his behalf and they suggested full replacement and upgrade to ES2. Sending a guitar to Taylor is not an option for him due to cost of international shipping.

He would be happy to find just another new/used preamp for his system ES1.1 and replace it himself but their production stopped long ago. If anyone has it by any chance and can sell it please let me know. It think this is very unlikely that we can find one. So we wanted to ask people on the forum - what are the most popular solutions for older Taylor guitar with ES1.1, which are justified in terms price ans sound quality.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:11 PM

This was mentioned in another post
Mi-Si Align XT Pickup System
Direct replacement for Taylor ES1 & ES2 Systems. It only works replacing Taylor systems with a 4 pin flat connector
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion