The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 07-26-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playguitar View Post
I must have forgot to turn of the mains when I went to record. Too many things going on at once. So now that I know what happened, is there a limiter that I can put inline with my headphones to protect my hearing if I accidently forget to turn off the monitors when recording?
Not to say you can't do that, but there's much more of a chance of not having your plug-in active when you need it. It just adds one more thing to remember, so that doesn't make your life easier. It's probably better to simply get used to turning your monitors down by using whatever means is available to you.

My latest recording setup had a similar problem with easily muting the main speakers while leaving the volume up on my headphones during overdubbing, so I added the ultra-cheap Behringer monitor control. It's easy to simply turn that big ol' knob down for overdubs and back up for playback.

I like stuff that's easy to see!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD