The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-24-2019, 01:10 PM

Update:

I recently installed my dual source setup in this guitar. Desoldered the Barbera from the stock endpin jack and soldered it to the Schatten Artist preamp. Very happy with this setup and I believe I can cover all amplified territory. The Barbera has great string separation and feedback rejection while the Schatten HFN has a very natural sound and also very good feedback rejection for a SBT. Plan is to always use the HFN and have the Barbera as a backup. Unplugged, the Barbera is supposed to sound like a bone saddle (according to the manufacturer) which is a plus for me.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Shawn, Congratulations on your new Emerald X-30--Enjoy!
The Element Active VTC soundhole module wire on my Emerald X-20 is wire-guided to the underside of the top. I don't like this but I don't hear any extraneous vibrations from this setup and so I'll leave it as it is.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 11-24-2019, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Wowser! I initially didn't much like the Royal Ebony veneer but now it's one of my all-time favorites. Having owned on I can say it's one of the very best choices for custom builds. Congrats. Looks like a winner!
Old 11-24-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanks guys and I agree royal ebony certainly makes a gorgeous veneer. Ken I disagree with the routing of the wires as well. They do a neat install but running them along the soundboard can certainly cause some issues. As long as you don't hear anything out of the ordinary I wouldn't be too worried.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:41 PM
Guest 928

I think the new ebony choice is nothing short of ravishing. Nice option, great selection!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber