The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-06-2021, 07:14 AM

What a fantastic build! IMO You win the internet today and for the foreseeable future.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

This is going to be one of the best build threads ever! Congratulations on everything, man!
Old 06-07-2021, 04:50 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleghowell View Post
What a fantastic build! IMO You win the internet today and for the foreseeable future.
Now that's my kind of post. Thank you pegleghowell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
This is going to be one of the best build threads ever! Congratulations on everything, man!
Thanks Marc. Very kind of you to say.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Hmmm. I find them mostly ok, but not conducive to slides. I haven’t found an advantage yet. Anyway, just one Circa nerd’s opinion.
I have the original bar frets on my 1928 Martin 2-17, set up by Bob Jones of Brooklyn, NY (he knows a thing or two about bar frets -- he was the go-to guy for Mandolin Brothers back in the day --so I know they're set up correctly) and... it is possible to get used to them, but I kind of think there's a reason they've gone out of style.
However, that's just an aside (I can imagine a whole bar-fret thread, which would get as partisan as the "Sunburst" threads)
What I really wanted to say is that this build sounds like it's going to be really cool, and I will certainly be following it and looking forward to updates as the build begins. And bar-frets or no, I can only imagine that the result will certainly be...
schweet!

Last edited by mhw48; 06-07-2021 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 02:02 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on this build starting. I look forward to following along and meeting you at BIG. I really enjoyed seeing the pics of you and your new Kostal at the last BIG.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 06-08-2021, 03:03 AM
Charter Member

Joining the crowd in excitement, can't wait for that one to unfold - it will be EPIC!
And knowing how diligent you've been about sharing in your other threads, we're in for a treat
Cheers,
Tom
Old 06-08-2021, 08:44 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhw48 View Post
I have the original bar frets on my 1928 Martin 2-17, set up by Bob Jones of Brooklyn, NY (he knows a thing or two about bar frets -- he was the go-to guy for Mandolin Brothers back in the day --so I know they're set up correctly) and... it is possible to get used to them, but I kind of think there's a reason they've gone out of style.
However, that's just an aside (I can imagine a whole bar-fret thread, which would get as partisan as the "Sunburst" threads)
What I really wanted to say is that this build sounds like it's going to be really cool, and I will certainly be following it and looking forward to updates as the build begins. And bar-frets or no, I can only imagine that the result will certainly be... schweet!
Glad to have you following along mhw48! Even without bar frets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
Congrats on this build starting. I look forward to following along and meeting you at BIG. I really enjoyed seeing the pics of you and your new Kostal at the last BIG.
Wouldn't that have been crazy to have this OM-45 delivered at BIG! Look forward to meeting you as well Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
Joining the crowd in excitement, can't wait for that one to unfold - it will be EPIC!
And knowing how diligent you've been about sharing in your other threads, we're in for a treat
Cheers, Tom
Thanks Tom. Glad to have you along for what promises to be a fantastic voyage!
Old 06-16-2021, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Wow Dennis, looks like your pushing all your chips into the middle of the table with this one. I will be watching closely. Just talked to John and it looks like my build may start and be complete late/early 2022.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop