The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-13-2021, 11:31 AM

Default NGD E10OO-M

So I really enjoy Eastman guitars. I like their voicing and the amount of guitar you get for your money. I've been playing an E20OM, and an E6OM for about 4 years now, but inevitably GAS kicks in. Last summer I grabbed an E10OO Adi/Hog at my local shop after playing it and being amazed at the sustain and volume from such a small guitar.

Since then I've been looking for an E10OO-M and saw a 2015 model pop up used from a guitar shop in Wisconsin. I ordered, and they had a label created in about 10 minutes, shipped later that day, and a guitar in Memphis 3 days later.

I would love to know the history on this guitar. I'm guessing it wasn't simply a used trade-in since they had a second one of these popping up later that same day. This looks like the case has been sitting in a warehouse for a while.

As described, it has beautiful flamed mahogany (probably Khaya) top, back, and sides.

It has a SLIM 1 3/4 inch neck! This was my one complaint about the standard E10OO. After playing the standard E10OO for a while, I did get used to it, but it’s still a bit slower than playing my Eastman OM’s. This neck feels almost exactly like my circa 2016 E6OM. It also doesn’t have the usual E series volute which does not matter to me at all.

I think the most interesting thing about this guitar though is that the body is about ½ an inch wider than a standard E10OO. It also has the through bridge from the E10OOSS series instead of the E10OO pyramid bridge. Here it is next to my E10OO. I think Eastman took their E10OOSS body and put a 12-fret 1 ¾” neck on it.

I guess these have been around for a while now, so maybe someone else knows the history on this model? This might have been made as they were breaking apart the AC and E series?

I've played several E10OOSS over the past few years, and though they're ok, they've never been something that needed to come home with me. They've always come across as a bit boxy to me (going for that old Gibson tone), but THIS guitar with the 12-fret neck and modified bridge placement keeps a bit of that bluesy tone, and gets rid of the residual boxiness (maybe the top-wood has something to do with that as well). It's been working well for finger-picking, flat-picking, and strumming without breaking up too early.

I’m not sure how I would describe this guitar to sell it, but that will never happen. I’m heading out of town soon and this is the one going with me. If my kids don’t want them this has immediately replaced my GS-Mini-mahogany and Alvarez Blues 51 as a travel guitar. It’s small, super playable, gorgeous, and sounds amazing. I HAD been planning a trip to Elderly Instruments in a week or so to see if they had anything better than my current instruments, but now I don’t know if I’ll even bother (actually that's ridiculous, of course I'm still going).
Old 06-13-2021, 11:49 AM

Wow, what a stunner that is. Congrats!

Old 06-13-2021, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

What a find. A beautiful guitar. Good for you! You just gave me GAS!
Old 06-13-2021, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Great looking guitar. Congratulations!
Old 06-13-2021, 01:21 PM

I have watched this model for a long time. If it had a slotted headstocki would have snatched it up a long time ago. Congrats!
1990s Hirade K5
1996 Ibanez AG600e
2000s Eastman E10D
2009 Breedlove American 000 MM
2007 Breedlove DR Deluxe Custom
2010s Eastman E10OM SB
Old 06-13-2021, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Envious. If I could have one more, that would be it.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 06-13-2021, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

That's a great looking guitar! Enjoy your new Eastman!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 06-13-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccorobb View Post
I have watched this model for a long time. If it had a slotted headstocki would have snatched it up a long time ago. Congrats!
Yeah a slotted headstock would have been nice. I'm just happy how much slimmer this neck is.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful Guitar, good find - enjoy!
Old 06-14-2021, 07:58 AM

Yeah Eastman make some nice guitars, congrats and enjoy!
Old 06-14-2021, 10:15 AM

Someone else that used to post more had one. I remember because his photos were always stunning. He sung its praises too and has a Martin as well.

Maybe you can find it if you do a forum search. If nothing else but to enjoy the eye candy. Of course, nothing beats having it in front of you. Congrats on a stunning guitar!

Old 06-14-2021, 02:00 PM

Very nice. I missed the opportunity to buy one of these a few months ago and regret it. They don't seem to pop up for sale very often. I don't know why Eastman discontinued this model. It seems to me that there's a dearth of 12-fret mahogany topped 00s out there at this price point.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion