The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-12-2021, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

Hang onto your hats, the NFL Players Association said Tuesday that it plans to request that the NFL release the remainder of the 650,000 emails reviewed as part of the investigation into workplace misconduct with the Washington Football Team. That's where the Gruden emails were discovered as he was good friends with Bruce Allen, the former WFT GM/President, with whom he worked while at Tampa Bay and Jon Gruden's brother Jay was also the coach of the WFT for several years.

Could be some more bombshell emails to be found from Gruden or other coaches, GMs', etc.

I'm a long time WFT fan from having grown up in DC but the Dan Snyder regime that spawned the initial investigation has been a disaster on many levels for many years.

Rob
Old 10-12-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
This is by no means an exclusively male problem.

Agreed. Good God I’m glad none of us has ever said anything untoward.

Last edited by Kerbie; 10-13-2021 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Edited quote.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar12 View Post
Hang onto your hats, the NFL Players Association said Tuesday that it plans to request that the NFL release the remainder of the 650,000 emails reviewed as part of the investigation into workplace misconduct with the Washington Football Team.
Yes it’s quite odd that out of all those emails only the Gruden ones were leaked. Hard to imagine that even approached the worst emails going around that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephony View Post
Putting aside the odiousness of what he said in the emails, what kind of bozo sends that kind of email from their work account? That's fireable stupidity on top of the bigotry.
Indeed, just incredibly dumb. Clearly he wasn’t concerned at the time.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:40 PM

"The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind." Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Yes it’s quite odd that out of all those emails only the Gruden ones were leaked. Hard to imagine that even approached the worst emails going around that place.
kind of my thoughts exactly.

The league clearly wanted him out. He gave them the ammo.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 10-13-2021, 05:52 AM
Charter Member

This topic is obviously a little tough for us since the nature of Gruden's emails is not something we can discuss in graphic detail. But let's stick to the topic and that is an NFL coach leaving his job because of his behavior. It's important football news and we'd like to keep the thread open for discussion. Thank you.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
kind of my thoughts exactly.

The league clearly wanted him out. He gave them the ammo.
Someone appears to have wanted him out. I don’t know that we can say “the league” did, that suggests multiple people, unless there is evidence of multiple people involved in the leak?

He certainly did give them the ammo.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:53 AM

Gruden is a very intense guy. People with that type of personality are frequently extremely opinionated.

Him having emails like this is hardly surprising to me. And him being dumb enough or clueless enough to say things like that in a permanently available system isn't much of a shock either.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:12 AM

Yet...

LT a convicted sex offender is in the NFL HOF
Randy Moss, Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis remain at the analyst's desk. Adrian Peterson is eligible to play. Look them up
Deshawn Watson is still under contract and eligible to play

Well, at least the NFL got a worship ensemble for the 2021 halftime show instead of a group of performers with extensive criminal histories and lyrics that make Gruden sound like he's reading nursery rhymes

And I have no problem with any of the above personalities making a living doing what they do. I take no offense. But it doesn't get much more hypocritical than this.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds114 View Post
Yet...

Randy Moss, Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis remain at the analyst's desk. Adrian Peterson is eligible to play. Look them up

Well, at least the NFL got a worship ensemble for the 2021 halftime show instead of a group of performers with extensive criminal histories and lyrics that make Gruden sound like he's reading nursery rhymes

And I have no problem with any of the above personalities making a living doing what they do. I take no offense. But it doesn't get much more hypocritical than this.
There is a double standard in play with this kind of stuff that's been going on for a while now.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 10-13-2021, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Well now I've seen the details of what he put in emails. Cannot imagine for the life of me talking about co-workers and associates in those ways. Really paints a picture of Gruden, and by extension others in his position, as feeling completely invincible and above everyone else. Or just monumentally dumb. What a different view of "leadership" he seems to have.
I have been confronted with this type of thing here and there from higher management and employees. I refused to play along with it and most often it ceased. With interactions with me anyway. Of coarse a thinking man knows it continued with others of like mind. A person must live their ethics and morals with faith in the world. We all pay a price for our actions eventually. Good or bad.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 10-13-2021, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds114 View Post
Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
There is a double standard in play with this kind of stuff that's been going on for a while now.
And Colin Kaepernick has been blackballed for a protest that was positively tame and respectful, particularly relative to what we've seen more recently. And the league was recently exposed for using "race norming" that hurt African American players in calculating settlement amounts from the concussion settlement agreement.

There are only standards of convenience associated with the NFL, all based on the perception, real or imagined, of what will hurt and help the bottom line. I have trouble finding any consistent principles at work in any of it. And not just the NFL - the NBA has been about the most consistently progressive sports league in the US, but as soon as one GM criticized human rights abuses in China, where the NBA is huge and getting huger, seemingly everyone else in the league either criticized him or stayed totally silent on the matter. Can't mess with the bottom line...

-Ray
Old 10-13-2021, 08:30 AM

I have a hard time thinking the league or anyone else wanted him out. A lot of people dislike him, especially the Chuckey persona, but Raider fans and the people of LV seemed to like him and the job he was doing.

Now, using him as a sacrificial offering to try and keep the heat off Dan Snyder--that I can believe....
Old 10-13-2021, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Guys, again... please stay away from the content of the emails that may violate our rules. I know that's tough, but we'll appreciate it.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

…as a Broncos fan I’ve always disliked Gruden from his first stint as the Raiders head coach years ago….he’s arrogant cocky and always seemed like a jerk…someone I would never want to have a beer with…..I sure am gonna miss him though….

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic