The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Default Revv D20 this amp head looks really interesting ( new video)

Just debuted at NAMM

The new D 20 Valve amp head form Revv looks like it might just be my next amp purchase .

Appears to have everything I am looking for and a bit more : small, lightweight head, clean with valves good pedal platform , headphone jack, for playing at night at home. I was looking at the PRS MT 15 but this looks more appealing to me even though 30 % more money
It runs 6V6 power tubes slated for production this month at about $1200

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 03-23-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

humm ??? So now I am wondering if anybody here has had any experience with Revv Amplification ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Old 02-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

No experience with Revv. My son likes the Revv G pedal he has...assuming it’s the same company?

If you like 6V6 and want a lightweight, low wattage tube head the Egnater Tweaker 15 is fantastic. No headphone jack (which may be vital in your application), and no Reverb (didn’t bother me as I use my Boss RV/6, Earthquakes Devices Dispatch Master, or EH Holy Grail. I’m a bit of a pedal hound lol)

It offers 3 great voicings ranging from Fender, Vox, and Marshall, has an effects loop, and sounds absolutely fantastic. So much so that I finally sold my 65 TRRI as it simply sat covered in our family room.

I run mine through 2 Egnater 1x12 cabs. It’s an amazingly versatile amp, and for the money it’s hard to beat.

I’ve owned quite a few amps and this has been a staple. May be worth checking out. Especially considering the price point. You’ll find many rave reviews regarding these.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
If you like 6V6 and want a lightweight, low wattage tube head the Egnater Tweaker 15 is fantastic. No headphone jack (which may be vital in your application), and no Reverb (didn’t bother me as I use my Boss RV/6, Earthquakes Devices Dispatch Master, or EH Holy Grail. I’m a bit of a pedal hound lol)

It offers 3 great voicings ranging from Fender, Vox, and Marshall, has an effects loop, and sounds absolutely fantastic. So much so that I finally sold my 65 TRRI as it simply sat covered in our family room.

I run mine through 2 Egnater 1x12 cabs. It’s an amazingly versatile amp, and for the money it’s hard to beat.

I’ve owned quite a few amps and this has been a staple. May be worth checking out. Especially considering the price point. You’ll find many rave reviews regarding these.
The Tweaker 15 was my first thought also. I run mine through a Celestion-loaded Blackstar 1x12 cabinet, and just love it. It sounds great in its own right, and I can vouch for its versatility. I use a TC reverb, delay and looper in the effects loop, and a variety of odds and sods in front - although at the moment I'm on a no-pedal kick.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Yes the tweaker looks like a great amp and certainly less money.

But I am definitely looking for a Headphone out, which also why I have moved on from the PRS MT 15 , as I have a good tube amp already with no HP which is 6L6 driven

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Last edited by KevWind; 02-05-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes the tweaker looks like a great amp and certainly less money.

But I am definitely looking for a Headphone out, which also why I have moved on from the PRS MT 15 , as I have a good tube amp already with no HP which is 6V6 driven
Completely overlooked the headphone requirement. Oops.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 02-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Completely overlooked the headphone requirement. Oops.
Na no problem and just realized from your quote I mistakenly said my current tube amp was "6V6" it is actually 6L6 a 50 watt Supro

When I was first looking at heads like the Tweaker and the PRS MT 15 I also researched some kind of aftermarket box to convert guitar amp spk out, to a Headphone level out, but the only one I could find was one for home audio amps that has the raw speaker wire connections in, to HP jack out, which would require making some new cables (which is doable) but perhaps more than I want to do at this point
Plus now am really curious about the Two Notes amp sim technology built into the Revv

here is another very short video from Revv Amplification

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Last edited by KevWind; 02-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Here is a fairly extensive review of this amp I thought was worth sharing . And makes me even more interested

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars