The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-16-2018, 11:32 PM

Default Graphtech saddle pickups on an x30

Couple of guys got to thinking, and why not put the graphtech piezo pickups on an x30?
Or x7 or x20 for that matter.

Maybe guys shouldn't think too much...

BTW, I emailed emerald to ask about just this thing. I'll report back when I hear from them.

Last edited by nuttyprof; 09-17-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:42 AM

I think there is a hole under the saddle for a piezo. However the new system has 6 piezos, so you would probably have to drill 5 more holes to run the individual leads.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
Could of guys got to thinking, and why not put the graphtech piezo pickups on an x30?
Or x7 or x20 for that matter.

Maybe guys shouldn't think too much...

BTW, I emailed emerald to ask about just this thing. I'll report back when I hear from them.

I have been thinking that about that every time I play the 3 of them, that extra clarity when plugged in is perfect on the 10 but doesn’t do as well for a non plugged in sound though ... would be a great thing I do believe for the plugging in world .
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-17-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I have been thinking that about that every time I play the 3 of them, that extra clarity when plugged in is perfect on the 10 but doesn’t do as well for a non plugged in sound though ... would be a great thing I do believe for the plugging in world .

So if someone was going to order an X10 with no pick-up,
they should request the standard bridge installation, for a better unplugged sound, rather than the
Graph-Tech ?
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 09-17-2018, 07:28 AM

I "think" that sometimes when you have all of that electronic and switches on the side of a guitar, that it affects the unplugged sound. The six piezos are incredible on the X10. But its clear that the X30 without all the electronics definitely sounds much better without the electronics than the X10 unplugged.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 09-17-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
So if someone was going to order an X10 with no pick-up,
they should request the standard bridge installation, for a better unplugged sound, rather than the
Graph-Tech ?
I recon so. The Graph-Tech in this instance is pretty much the pickup.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-17-2018, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindness View Post
I "think" that sometimes when you have all of that electronic and switches on the side of a guitar, that it affects the unplugged sound. The six piezos are incredible on the X10. But its clear that the X30 without all the electronics definitely sounds much better without the electronics than the X10 unplugged.
No doubt, size matters. Since the X7 and the X10 are much closer in size, how does the acoustic sound of those two compare?
Old 09-17-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
No doubt, size matters. Since the X7 and the X10 are much closer in size, how does the acoustic sound of those two compare?
With the two different bridges the way they are the 7 wins acoustically. And 10 wins plugged in.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
With the two different bridges the way they are the 7 wins acoustically. And 10 wins plugged in.
Useful info. Looking down the road for when someone gets a single-saddle X10 to compare to the X7.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCA View Post
Useful info. Looking down the road for when someone gets a single-saddle X10 to compare to the X7.
I bet they would be pretty darn close which is good.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:42 PM

When Alistair isn't too busy building guitars, and Kevin isn't too busy helping fulfill all these new orders, maybe they can comment. No one would know better than the builders.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber