The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

We'd like to see the X10 please !! I said please.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
We'd like to see the X10 please !! I said please.

Already??

You mean this??

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-06-2018, 03:06 PM

Shooting 3 at once with no glare ?? I tried.... but noooo....

The new kids...in the moors and hills on the other side of the pond they actually call this the Kramster Kollection...I just don't get it
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 09-06-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Shooting 3 at once with no glare ?? I tried.... but noooo....

The new kids...in the moors and hills on the other side of the pond they actually call this the Kramster Kollection...I just don't get it
You win, Kram.

I’m a sucker for non-sapwood tops. Congrats to you on the 10 & 7.

How’s the sound of the 10 vs the 7?

Can you post a side shot of the three showing their body depth? Greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:10 PM

I wonder if you'll be the first in history to post a video clip of the x10.

Been waiting forever...
Old 09-06-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Koh View Post
You win, Kram.

I’m a sucker for non-sapwood tops. Congrats to you on the 10 & 7.

How’s the sound of the 10 vs the 7?

Can you post a side shot of the three showing their body depth? Greatly appreciated.

Ill have at some more photos soon with a few angles for ya....10 and 7 sound very similar and it is a really good sound indeed and oh so comfortable to have and hold ... a lot richer sounding too me than last 2 model 7s and even my old school center hole 10 ... definite winners big time here. Oh glorious times in the CF world are upon us... wait ..did I just type that?? I need a nap
Old 09-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof View Post
I wonder if you'll be the first in history to post a video clip of the x10.

Been waiting forever...

Gotta be some out there by now...and define forever in dog years
Old 09-06-2018, 04:17 PM

You should see these things in real life...wow..(no I am not telling where I live now)(had to get a bigger place for Phoenix Carbon Fest). I keep trying to capture the beautaciuosness of these puppies...also the red reveal on back and sides are perfect with this veneer ... just exclaimin'.
I hope at least someone is a wee jealous or what's the point.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

The padauk is just gorgeous. It will be interesting to see how it changes over the years.

You are a fortunate fellow, Mr. Kramster
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

They are stunning in pictures....can only imagine in real life person hands.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Ill have at some more photos soon with a few angles for ya....10 and 7 sound very similar and it is a really good sound indeed and oh so comfortable to have and hold ... a lot richer sounding too me than last 2 model 7s and even my old school center hole 10 ... definite winners big time here. Oh glorious times in the CF world are upon us... wait ..did I just type that?? I need a nap
Thanks Kram!

I am gravitating towards the X10. Seems like it has a smaller sound hole as compared with the 7, and the lower horn captures and retains the design essences of the previous X7. I say the new X10 looks more like a old X7 than the new X7! And I thought this is good because the old X7 has that compact, electric guitar looking vibe which the new X7 may have departed awa. The X7 now looks like a baby X20 to me.

Now, how’s the thickness of the veneer infused top? Does it feel as thin as a Opus top one?

Apology for bugging you with questions.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Koh View Post
Thanks Kram!

I am gravitating towards the X10. Seems like it has a smaller sound hole as compared with the 7, and the lower horn captures and retains the design essences of the previous X7. I say the new X10 looks more like a old X7 than the new X7! And I thought this is good because the old X7 has that compact, electric guitar looking vibe which the new X7 may have departed awa. The X7 now looks like a baby X20 to me.

Now, how’s the thickness of the veneer infused top? Does it feel as thin as a Opus top one?

Apology for bugging you with questions.

Bug away (sounds like an exterminating company...any way)... I’ll do some more photos after I eat this pesky steak dinner... I’ll do some sound hole photos to see any differences..that photo might being toying with you as angles of shot are different
Old 09-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

Nice family adoption! I respectfully request that you STOP putting those gorgeous guitars out on the street for their individual photos!! I've seen how people drive in Phoenix!!

Yours is the first level 3 pickup X10 I've seen in the wild. Have you tried it plugged into the computer to use the midi features?

Beautiful guitars, all 3. Congrats!
Old 09-06-2018, 05:16 PM

Haven’t plugged in the 10 yet. I currently don’t have a 13 pin set up for the midi laying around anymore.. guess I better get one again. The 7 into a Bose Compact is really nice.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Haven’t plugged in the 10 yet. I currently don’t have a 13 pin set up for the midi laying around anymore.. guess I better get one again. The 7 into a Bose Compact is really nice.
Well, plug that 10 in and tell us about the other two pickups! I'm especially interested in the blend between the two. Inquiring minds want to know.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber