The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 AM

I've been scouring the interwebs for weeks looking for new reviews.
According to an Aussie distributor, they are expecting stock towards the end of this month at a cost of $450.00 Australian Dollars.
Not bad considering the LR Baggs Tru Mic Anthem goes for over $500AUD.
Seriously would have thought more reviews would have been out by now.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 05-18-2018, 07:44 AM

what's the music scene like in Tasmania ?
I for one am not a big fan of modeling. Just my ear maybe
but it seems i have to turn the modeling part up to where
i can hear it and it sounds overprocessed. maybe i do it wrong.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
what's the music scene like in Tasmania ?
I for one am not a big fan of modeling. Just my ear maybe
but it seems i have to turn the modeling part up to where
i can hear it and it sounds overprocessed. maybe i do it wrong.
I play a mixture of easy listening and country music, and there is quite a lot of gigs around the area. I've never used any modeling setup, the majority of the time I plug directly into the PA, and there are minimal adjustments made.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:40 PM

Default Fishman Matrix Infinity Mic Blend Reviews

I cancelled my order because they kept moving the ship date back on multiple occasions. I decided to go back to K&K.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I cancelled my order because they kept moving the ship date back on multiple occasions. I decided to go back to K&K.
Mmmm, Bugger. Not the best start to the new product. The other version seems to be advertised everywhere, yet the Mic Blend is no where to be seen.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:51 PM

Still no one with any feedback or have come across some reviews of this unit yet??
Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 AM

Just a bump of this thread. The new mic blend is £259 here in the UK, making it a bit less than the Baggs Anthem. Any users out there?
http://sptfy.com/94Ue
Old 07-05-2018, 09:20 PM

Nothing here in Australia at this stage. I've been in touch with my nearest supplier, as well as Fishman's distributor in Australia, and they say stock will not be available for several months.
I'm seriously considering buying one from overseas to ensure I get one before I start my custom build in September.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:46 AM

Well, I went ahead and bought one. I've had good experiences with Fishman Matrix pickups in the past, and I have a Rare Earth Blend in my D-18, so I am clearly Fishman friendly . I figure this new Matrix Mic Blend will go well with my J-15. I'll have it installed on Wednesday, and I'll get back with first impressions soon thereafter.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarino View Post
Well, I went ahead and bought one. I've had good experiences with Fishman Matrix pickups in the past, and I have a Rare Earth Blend in my D-18, so I am clearly Fishman friendly . I figure this new Matrix Mic Blend will go well with my J-15. I'll have it installed on Wednesday, and I'll get back with first impressions soon thereafter.
Excellent look forward to your opinion!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:41 AM

I just got my J-15 back with the Matrix Infinity Blend installed. I only managed to play through my Loudbox Mini for 25 minutes or so, but I can say this is a really nice system. Lots of tonal options, with the tone control and the mic blend. I found the pickup alone sounded better than expected, and then when I dialed in a bit of the mic the sound opened up nicely.

I much preferred the tone wheel turned mostly toward the 'scooped' side rather than toward the flat side. Finally, playing the whole setup through my Grace BiX really brought it to life. So far so good. I'll be playing live soon, so I will have a better sense of how it performs in that context, but first impressions are good.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:14 AM

Looking forward to your post-gig reports.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I just got my J-15 back with the Matrix Infinity Blend installed. I only managed to play through my Loudbox Mini for 25 minutes or so, but I can say this is a really nice system. Lots of tonal options, with the tone control and the mic blend. I found the pickup alone sounded better than expected, and then when I dialed in a bit of the mic the sound opened up nicely.

I much preferred the tone wheel turned mostly toward the 'scooped' side rather than toward the flat side. Finally, playing the whole setup through my Grace BiX really brought it to life. So far so good. I'll be playing live soon, so I will have a better sense of how it performs in that context, but first impressions are good.
Fantastic news! Thanks for the initial review.
I've placed an order for one through an American supplier since the Australian stockist don't have them allocated yet. I can't risk not having it arrive after the guitar building course.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Reading back over your comment, I'm not surprised to hear about the pick up alone sounding better than expected. As Fishman mentioned, the old matrix pickup hadn't changed for many years, and the acoustic specific amps didn't exist back then. Really looking forward to some more feedback!

Last edited by Zandit75; 07-15-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just got my J-15 back with the Matrix Infinity Blend installed. I only managed to play through my Loudbox Mini for 25 minutes or so, but I can say this is a really nice system....
Thanks so much for this report!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification