The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-05-2022, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

Default Bourgeois Country Boy AT Sitka & Mahogany - Pristine!

They should call this one "the Banjo Killer"! It's really loud with great cut and punch. The mids are strong as you'd expect from a mahogany-bodied guitar. Mahogany has a quick velocity of sound, relatively lightness of weight, and noticeable midrange overtone attenuation. As a result, mahogany guitars have a unique sound: warm, dry, woody, not overly complex, but direct, lively, and famously easy to record.

With a name suggested by Ricky Skaggs in the late 90’s, the Country Boy has everything you need, and nothing you don’t. It features a torrefied AAAA grade Sitka Spruce top paired with premium Mahogany back and sides to create a versatile platform agreeable with virtually any playing style.

This fabulous guitar is in absolute mint condition. It was brand new and unplayed when I purchased it about 4 months ago, and I have only improved it with a professional set-up, and it truly plays like “buttah”, with less than an hour’s playing time on it. It’s hard to let this one go, but I have several great guitars, and I must thin the herd.

Asking $4000 plus shipping cost to CONUS. Contact me for photos.

This guitar is dressed in classic appointments such as ebony fretboard and bridge, wooden rosette, tortoiseshell binding and nickel Waverly tuners. Bourgeois considers it worthy of the same diamond volute that they use on the back of their Vintage Dreadnought peghead. In addition to selecting only the finest quartersawn and matched South American mahogany backs and sides, the Country Boy Dreadnought is appointed with an Aged Tone (torrified) Sitka spruce top.

The Country Boy D features premium figured Mahogany and premium Aged Tone Sitka Spruce as well as nickel plated open back Waverly tuners with "butterbean" buttons, wood bindings and a custom Tor-tis pickguard.
Bid with confidence and take ‘er home for the holidays.

Features:
Neck: Square D 14 Fret
Tuners: Waverly Nickel with Oval Buttons
Pins: Ebony Pins
Pickguard: D / Celluloid
Top Color: Natural
Nut Width: 1 23/32
Scale Length: 25 1/2”
Bridge Spacing: 2.2
Upper Bout Width: 11 3/8”
Waist: 10 5/8”
Lower Bout Width: 15 1/2”
Body Length: 19 7/8”
Total Length: 40 1/8”
Price Bracket: $4K-$6K
Head Binding: None
Body Binding: Tortoiseshell
Fretboard Inlay: Vintage Dots
Fretboard Binding: Black
Heelcap: Ziricote Heelcap
Depth at Neck: 3 7/8”

Figured Mahogany back and sides
Aged Tone Sitka Spruce top
1-piece Mahogany neck
Ebony fretboard and bridge
Tiny MOP dot position markers
Tor-Tis pickguard
Original hardshell case included
S/N: 8685
Year: 2019 (late)
Make:Bourgeois
Condition: Mint - As new
Color: Natural/Torrefied
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD0AE387-0C93-4E1D-A0F2-AADFEA9B4DDB.jpg (34.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg F5BF5546-73A6-405E-85BC-535628D78134.jpg (25.9 KB, 212 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars