The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-07-2018, 08:07 AM

Default Custom J35 comparison. Fairbanks- Blazer & henkes- Bagnasco & Casati.

Has anybody on the forum played a 1930`s J35 replica by more than one the above builders. If so, how would you describe the similarities and differences. I would also be interested, if you had played just one of the above, as to what your thoughts are.It is not a question about which is best, as they are all fantastic builders and head my list for a J35. I have a Fairbanks RS myself and love it, so much, that my custom Brook has only been played once, since the RS arrived. All information and experiences with these wonderful bulders is welcome.

Thank you.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 AM

I've played examples from all of these builders, as well as a number of original, vintage J-35s. All great guitars. I'd not recommend one over another.

Yeah, not much help. Sorry! I enthusiastically recommend the guitars of all 3 builders. I've visited the shops of all of these builders (and consider them all friends).
Old 12-07-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
I've played examples from all of these builders, as well as a number of original, vintage J-35s. All great guitars. I'd not recommend one over another.

Yeah, not much help. Sorry! I enthusiastically recommend the guitars of all 3 builders. I've visited the shops of all of these builders (and consider them all friends).
Thanks for that John. As my original post, I am not asking for a recommendation of one over the other. Just comparisons in sound, by forum members lucky enough to have played the guitars of these wonderful builders.
As you are friends with them all, I can understand your response and would never ask members to say which guitar is best.
Cheers,
Steve.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

I can definitely say these folks are the best for the genre~ Can't go wrong with any of them!
Old 12-07-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHw View Post
I can definitely say these folks are the best for the genre~ Can't go wrong with any of them!
Agreed! These are some of the premier builders in the vintage Gibson vein.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop