The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-26-2020, 08:56 AM

Default Any ACombo Amps made for Electric and Acoustic guitars??

And the kicker is.... has amp voicing/modeling on the guitar channel?

The only ones I know of are:
Roland Street EX
Fender Acoustisonic 150 (Discontinued)

I would like to be able to use it with either guitars and vocals

I've heard the Roland on Youtube and wasn't impressed but then that was Youtube
Old 09-26-2020, 10:24 AM

I have the acoustisonic 150 and its pretty good for what it does. Considering its a solid state amp you can get good quality tone for both acoustic and electric guitars with essential effects built in. Vocals sound natural or neutral. Its amazing for a very light weight amp. It would be the last amp in my collection when its time to cut down.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 07:25 PM

One of the most incredible all tube acoustic & electric guitar amp in one combo is the Rivera Sedona 55 or Sedona 25. The 55 is EL34 powered and the 25 is 6V6 powered. Both combo's are standard Rivera 2 channel amps. Ch1 is a Marshall voiced channel and Ch2 is the clean Fender voiced channel that also has a pull out knob to engage the tweeter for pure acoustic guitar or any other acoustic instrument amplification. You can play an electric guitar through both channels, or pick up your acoustic for Ch2 when it's in acoustic mode with the tweeter engaged. I have a Sedona 55 and it's a big ol' amp - from the factory they weigh 70 lbs. The Sedona 25 is a lot lighter and actually more in line with todays club volume norms. I put a Jensen Tornado 100 Neo speaker in my Sedona and it's a bit under 60lbs now. The tone for electric or acoustic is just about as good as it gets. Not having to use an ABY box to switch between the electric and acoustic is liberating in that it eliminates a lot of the spaghetti of extra guitar cords. Here's the Rivera website page for the Sedona 55: http://www.rivera.com/product/combos/sedona-55/
I've A-B'd the Sedona against a lot of solid state acoustic amps and the Sedona wins comfortably every time, nothing like pushing your acoustic through all that warm glass.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
And the kicker is.... has amp voicing/modeling on the guitar channel?

The only ones I know of are:
Roland Street EX
Fender Acoustisonic 150 (Discontinued)

I would like to be able to use it with either guitars and vocals

I've heard the Roland on Youtube and wasn't impressed but then that was Youtube
I have a Street Cube EX and it's a great amp for anything from bedroom to outdoor gigging, with very nice stereo reverb, delay, and chorus through it's twin 8" drivers and 2" tweeters. It does have basic amp modeling, but none of the "models" are anything I'd use with electric guitar. You're far better off using a basic multi-effects into the guitar channel if you are using it for electric guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification