The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 AM

Default a good GC story

Ive been looking for a guitar to play with a uke group. I dont want to take my expensive guitars w/o pickguards. I was at the Dr yesterday and afterwards went to the GC which was close. I looked at a Martin x but that lamed neck was so heavy, I looked at a Taylor academy but the bevel lost a full 1/2" of top so a gc size was barely more than a 00 size. They had an Alvarez all hog 000 that looked and sounded good so I asked the sales person if theyd take some off. She said they are not allowed to discount but a cupon just came out and she had one. So we had a successful negotiation. It is such fun to walk out of a store carrying a guitar.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:04 AM

Congrats! Nice you got a bit of a deal too. What model is the Alvarez?
Old 02-15-2019, 08:20 AM

Awesome! I've owned a couple Alvarez guitars and they have been stellar instruments that play and sound well above their price point. Hope you enjoy your new Alvarez.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 AM

Good for you.
I for one love GC.
Never understood the neg threads.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:37 AM

We have two GC's in Las Vegas and from time to time I have been unsatisfied with one of them but then almost always have a great visit the next time I go. I completely understand shopping frustration in general terms and I guess it's just human nature to complain. I know I do it often enough myself.

I completely understand how someone who is frustrated will lash out, and of course the anonymity of the inter-webs is a safe space from which to spew forth the negative, but I've also noticed that GC seems to get more of its fair share on this forum.

I guess the old adage is true: "A satisfied customer will rarely compliment but a dissatisfied one will tell ten of his friends..."

But back to the OP, I'm glad you found a great guitar to play! I've owned Alvarez guitars myself and the only reason I let them go was to purchase a Martin, which I found sounded even better than my Alvarez. (But I was still a tiny bit sad to let it go.)

Best,
PJ
Old 02-15-2019, 11:17 AM

Congratulations! I've heard lots of good things about Alvarez guitars.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Hopefully the OP at least got the 15% Presidents’ Day discount....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 02-15-2019, 01:32 PM

You likely got a great guitar and a good deal. Now, tell us more about the guitar and throw in a pic or two if you can.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion