The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-25-2024, 07:52 PM

I don't like taking the time to change strings. But if I don't do it, then who will? I tried to teach my dog to do it, but she kept getting the two E strings confused.
Old 02-25-2024, 07:55 PM

I’ve never thought of changing strings as being something to dread. I actually like the sound of brand new strings so changing them is something I don’t mind at all.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral View Post
I got the sense that Tnfiddler started this thread because there were two concurrent threads at the time about how much people hated to change stings.

I did. It’s pretty therapeutic to me and I know my guitars will get cleaned and sound great with the new strings! I can’t fathom the dread of doing it or the worry of a string breaking and getting hit in the eye with it. How does that happen?? I hated changing fiddle strings until I finally got the wrapping on the pegs figured out and then that became relaxing, as well!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2
Old 02-26-2024, 05:18 PM

I don't mind the act of putting on new strings but don't like brand new string sound. Thank goodness DA has put out these XS strings, they sound pretty palatable right away.
My current problem is I'm committed to installing soundboard pickups in two dreds and a 12 with next string change. The 12 is getting new tuners too. I already have all the strings but haven't even decided which pickups and tuners (I'm not a fan of making decisions), and I hate spending money.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvolfan5 View Post
I don't like taking the time to change strings. But if I don't do it, then who will? I tried to teach my dog to do it, but she kept getting the two E strings confused.
Don't feel bad, my cat is useless at everything except clawing up the furniture.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:10 AM

Default Ralph Mctell-How to Change Guitar Strings

After watching this video I enjoy changing some of my guitar's strings. The unfortunate part is that my 2 main instruments are slot heads!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion