The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-07-2022, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba Polyfoam case

Other than putting the case and guitar in a plastic bag, what could one do to improve the humidity retention of the Cordoba Polyfoam case? Or should one just breakdown and get the Humicase? thanks
Old 01-07-2022, 01:51 PM

Arctrav...

What device if any are you putting in the case to humidify the guitar?

Putting the guitar in the case and then placing the case in a plastic bag, sounds like a lot of S_ _ t to go through to keep a safe level of humidity.

I for one stopped putting my guitars in their cases. I now hang them on the wall in a beautiful display and run a humidifier in the room to maintain a 46% to 50% level in winter (winters here are cold a dry with an average ambient outside humidity of 35%)... In the summer which is usually very humid (around 65% to well 100% when it rains) I use a dehumidifier. My guitars love it, and it is so much easier to pull one off the wall and play it...

My thoughts are, out of sight out of mind when it comes to using those tiny humidifying devices... especially if you have more than two axes.

But if you don't have the option of having a special room to display your guitar(s)... look into acquiring and trying the many small devices you can put in the case.

I can't see where a hard-shell case would retain much more humidity than the Cordoba Poly Foam... I can't see where a lot of the humidity in the poly foam case would evaporate that much faster than a hard-shell... The poly foam case has a zipper enclosure. All of my somewhat expensive hard-shells have 4 , 5 hinges and snaps...

Last edited by Always Learning; 01-07-2022 at 01:57 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical