The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 12:38 PM

Default Sold!!! 2013 D-18GE $2800 Shipped

Selling my 2013 Martin D-18GE. Adirondack spruce top, mahogany back/sides, 1-3/4" nut, 2-5/16" string spacing at bridge, mod-V neck. Has stock Waverly tuners. I bought this new with a little bit of shop wear, described below.

Has stock Waverly tuners. The neck and headstock have been polished to a semi-gloss (stock finish is matte). The lower 2 back braces have been lowered to 5/8". This work is neatly done. Stock is 3/4", and I've read recommendations to lower to 1/2" and beyond. This modification brought out some depth in the tone. Not a huge effect, but noticeable and for the better. The bridge has been slotted and the pins in it now are solid ebony with abalone dots.

There are signs that it has been played but overall in very good cosmetic condition. There are some light worming marks on the lower waist (from shop wear) and some string winder marks on the headstock at the A and D strings (also shop wear). There is one ding on the top (me, whoops), shown in pics. No cracks or repairs. Has some fret wear on the treble side, lower frets as seen in the photo.

The action is currently 0.100" bass E and 0.070" treble E at the 12th fret with minimal relief.

Selling because it's time to simplify. I don't have the time or space to be a collector of guitars at this point in my life.

Last edited by punkbek3886; 01-26-2022 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Sold
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars