The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-07-2024, 10:29 PM

Default Looper really is useless with footswitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb View Post
ohiopicker summed it up nicely. It sounds very nice, and I used the
harmony function with an FS5U pedal. The looper + harmony is unusable
live; so I ended up with a PB into an S1 or l1C. All that is lacking in
the AS Live is a pedal that controls to loop + harmony functions.
With the VE-8, you 'can' use harmony + 2 button loop, but it was a
combo of the clumsy black buttons and footswitch. Setting
up the PB was easier for me.

Used simply as a combo amp + harmony....it is fine.
I bought this last week and have been disappointed that the looper does not seem to be a viable solution for live performance--that second or so of repetition after you hit the footswitch is awful. Is there any kind of workaround? I am guessing I have to get a separate looper pedal to make this work?
Old 01-07-2024, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Heard about a weird glitch with the looper in the Acoustic Singer. Can any of you verify this is true?

When clearing out a previous loop, you have to hold down the footswitch button, which will momentarily start playing the loop before erasing it. This will sound weird when playing live to an audience...especially when using the looper for almost every song.
Yes, this has been my experience in the 5 days I have owned this amp. Very frustrating.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:56 AM

I've been toying with the idea of getting an acoustic guitar amp to practice and enhance my "non electric" performances. Having been giving $500 in GC gift cards, I've been looking at what they offer. I keep getting drawn to the Fishman Loudbox Mini and Fender's Acoustic 100, but much to my surprise, Guitar World ranks the Boss Acoustic Singer Live as #1 for 2024. It's a little more than my gift cards will allow (I'm trying to stay in the ballpark), but I'm told that GC sometimes negotiates price, and might even have an open box/return at a discount.

I'm adding this to my candidates list. Could be a big surprise.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:51 AM

Quote:
OK I actually got to try the Acoustic Singer Live this weekend and ended up returning it and here's why:
The other issue was the small 6.5" speaker. I tried it on a small outdoor patio with around 6-8 tables and about 20-25 people and it was enough, but I felt like the sound wasn't "big" enough...probably due to the tiny speaker.
Yup...and everything else you said too! I have the Acoustic Singer LT with a Boss VE-8 pedal, I love the sound you can get and the effects, harmony etc., but anything more than playing a notch above unplugged it distorts and can not handle guitar, vocals and harmonies altogether in busier moments of a song. Great sound at very low levels. That drove me to buy a Bose L1 Pro8, I can turn that down as low as I need for small rooms. It is wonderful!

SteveH

Taylor 414CE Ltd Redwood Sinker
Martin 00-15M
Seagull Performer CW MJ Flame Maple
Seagull S6+CW Folk GT 05 Limited Edition Burgundy
Seagull S6+CW Folk GT 05 Limited Edition Blue
Oscar Schmidt Sovereign Mahogany a 1932 Model #5077
Campbell American Transitone (electric)
Ibanez SR650 Bass, natural finish ash
Yamaha SC400 natural finish ash
Old 01-15-2024, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfarm View Post
Yup...and everything else you said too! I have the Acoustic Singer LT with a Boss VE-8 pedal, I love the sound you can get and the effects, harmony etc., but anything more than playing a notch above unplugged it distorts and can not handle guitar, vocals and harmonies altogether in busier moments of a song. Great sound at very low levels. That drove me to buy a Bose L1 Pro8, I can turn that down as low as I need for small rooms. It is wonderful!
Kind of weird having the VE-8 AND the Boss Acoustic Singer amp. The amp is like having the VE-8 built into it...having both is a little redundant IMO.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Kind of weird having the VE-8 AND the Boss Acoustic Singer amp. The amp is like having the VE-8 built into it...having both is a little redundant IMO.
The LT doesn’t have a looper or harmonies it’s a stripped down version of the acoustic singer

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Old 01-15-2024, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
The LT doesn’t have a looper or harmonies it’s a stripped down version of the acoustic singer
Oh my apologies. I forgot about the LT version. In that case it makes sense to have both! I though that was a great little amp for small settings, but if pushed at all, couldn't handle it.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Oh my apologies. I forgot about the LT version. In that case it makes sense to have both! I though that was a great little amp for small settings, but if pushed at all, couldn't handle it.
I ended up with the pedal first which is why I bought the LT version. Now I'm just using the Boss VE-8 with my Bose L1pro8. I do miss the delay effect for vocals on the LT.

SteveH

Taylor 414CE Ltd Redwood Sinker
Martin 00-15M
Seagull Performer CW MJ Flame Maple
Seagull S6+CW Folk GT 05 Limited Edition Burgundy
Seagull S6+CW Folk GT 05 Limited Edition Blue
Oscar Schmidt Sovereign Mahogany a 1932 Model #5077
Campbell American Transitone (electric)
Ibanez SR650 Bass, natural finish ash
Yamaha SC400 natural finish ash
Old 01-16-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfarm View Post
I ended up with the pedal first which is why I bought the LT version. Now I'm just using the Boss VE-8 with my Bose L1pro8. I do miss the delay effect for vocals on the LT.
You could add a small pedal like the Mic Mechanic or Voicetone E1 to add that vocal delay

Last edited by JackB1; 01-16-2024 at 09:20 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification