The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 10-13-2017, 06:40 AM
KevWind's Avatar
KevWind KevWind is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Out West
Posts: 9,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccouch7 View Post
Dang, some super nice boards on this page fellers!

I finally had the time to put the first version of mine together.
Everything is in the loop of the Fishman Aura Spectrum-
Aura Spectrum loop > Tuner > Pangaea > Mosquite Blender loop > G3.
The AMT Pangaea is loaded up with 3 Sigma Audio acoustic guitar responses.
I'm using this board with a Godin A6 Ultra direct to P.A..

It's built into a modded DAP Audio D7403 case, the board itself is made from 3/8" thick lexan sheet.


Here's the layout I made before building this board.
)
Very nice build.
How are you liking the Barefoot buttons ? Do the attach securely (no wobble) ?
__________________
" Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein
Enjoy the Journey.... Kev...



http://soundcloud.com/kevwind
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Groberts's Avatar
Groberts Groberts is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,420
Send a message via AIM to Groberts Send a message via MSN to Groberts
Default

Where do you get those large buttons for your footswitches? Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccouch7 View Post
Dang, some super nice boards on this page fellers!

I finally had the time to put the first version of mine together.
Everything is in the loop of the Fishman Aura Spectrum-
Aura Spectrum loop > Tuner > Pangaea > Mosquite Blender loop > G3.
The AMT Pangaea is loaded up with 3 Sigma Audio acoustic guitar responses.
I'm using this board with a Godin A6 Ultra direct to P.A..

It's built into a modded DAP Audio D7403 case, the board itself is made from 3/8" thick lexan sheet.


Here's the layout I made before building this board.





__________________
Martin D-41 (2018 Reimagined)
Martin Outlaw 17
Martin OMC-18E
Martin D-18 (2015)
www.heartsoulaz.com
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-16-2017, 05:25 PM
midwinter midwinter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Where do you get those large buttons for your footswitches? Looks great!
http://barefootbuttons.com/
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Karma Karma is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 25
Default My all purpose pedal board

Space in the upper left corner is for my Acoustic DI that I don't have the money for right now!

Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-16-2017, 07:41 PM
YamahaGuy YamahaGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ohio the heart of it all
Posts: 846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Space in the upper left corner is for my Acoustic DI that I don't have the money for right now!

Nice rig. Might I suggest using http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSGPP2...ABEgKI5_D_BwE=
Or https://goo.gl/images/8DJY9G
Or even https://goo.gl/images/G5DDVi
to tighten up the pedals on the bottom row. It will give you more room for the looper.
__________________
FGX730SCA
LLX6A
SCF1M TBS
A5R

Ibanez AW54CE
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-17-2017, 10:50 PM
ccouch7 ccouch7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Nice board Ccouch7. Very well done. What’s that AMG Pangea do? Never heard of that. Nice small footprint. As well the Moquite Blender. New one on me as well.
That input/output dock is a nice touch. All so clean. Very impressive. Would love to see the wiring.
Thanks Marty!
The Pangaea is an impulse response loader, I have it loaded with Martin, Gibson and
Taylor IR's from 3 Sigma Audio, it's working really good with my guitar (Godin A6 Ultra).
Here is some info about it-
http://amtelectronicsusa.com/productpagepangea.html

And the 3 Sigma acoustic guitar impulse responses-
http://www.3sigmaaudio.com/items/cat...ustic-guitars/

The Mosquite Blender is a clean blendable bypass looper. I only have the G3
in it's loop for bypassing and clean blending the effects.
Here's a good video about it from Brett Kingman-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkJqLMnHG8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Very nice build.
How are you liking the Barefoot buttons ? Do the attach securely (no wobble) ?
Thanks Kev! I really like the barefoot buttons, yes they attach with 3 set screws.
No problems/wobbles so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Where do you get those large buttons for your footswitches? Looks great!
Thank you!
I think someone already posted the link, but they are Barefoot Buttons-
http://barefootbuttons.com/

Last edited by ccouch7; 10-17-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-25-2017, 03:07 PM
gotglade gotglade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Default Guitar + Bass

Yet another iteration. : )

Had to get creative as our band frequently now performs without a bass player.

Solution: Take the low notes from the chords I'm playing and create a bass player from them! Hence the second board on the right. I split my signal using a JHS splitter (bottom left on second picture). The Boss OC3 has a range control to only drop the frequencies I want (E-D on the bottom 2 strings) and I take out all dry signal so I'm just left with the roots of my chords. The SubnUp mini is for another octave down when I really want to rumble the house. Bass board is activated via the mute switch so I can kick it on or off wherever I want in a song/set.





Guitar Chain: Guitar(s) > Tonebone Pz-Pre > MXR Studio Compressor > Sentry Noise Gate > JHS Buffered Splitter > Tapesty Bloomery Volume Pedal (active) > Strymon Dig Delay > Strymon BlueSky Reverb > Neunaber Immerse Reverb > Ditto Looper > Tonebone > PA/amp
The Strymon Tap Favorite switch set up as a favorite switch for the DIG.

Bass Chain: Guitar(s) > Tonebone Pz-Pre > MXR Studio Compressor > Sentry Noise Gate > JHS Buffered Splitter > JHS Mute > MXR Dyna Comp > Boss OC-3 Super Octave > SubnUp Mini > MXR M81 Bass Preamp > PA/amp

Tuner: Boss TU-3s. Fed via the tuner out of the PZ-Pre.
Power: Cioks DC-10 + 9V DC adapter daisy chain for bass board
Board: Pedaltrain Classic Jr. and Pedaltrain Nano+
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-25-2017, 03:22 PM
midwinter midwinter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,077
Default

I love that MXR bass pre. When I play bass, it's the only pedal I bring.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-26-2017, 03:04 PM
Chickee Chickee is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 204
Default

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-27-2017, 08:05 AM
RockerDuck RockerDuck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 922
Default

My acoustic board.

Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 12-27-2017, 01:03 PM
rschultz's Avatar
rschultz rschultz is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 913
Default

My acoustic board went from this:



... to this:



L O V E I T ! !

Mono or stereo, presets galore, PEQ, Reverb, modulation, notch, dual source, routing, effects loop, looper, expression pedal... the list goes on and on and on. I've been a pedal head for a long time, but this is a game changer for me.

Oh, and I also sold my acoustic combo amp and got a FRFR... a Line6 L2t. Amazingly flexible. It can be a FRFR PA, acoustic amp or monitor... and it sounds awesome.
__________________
'10 Wechter 5712c - LR Baggs M80
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood! - K&K + LR Baggs Anthem SL
'16 Gretsch 6122T Players Edition
‘17 Taylor 714ce
Helix Floor for all 4!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Groberts's Avatar
Groberts Groberts is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,420
Send a message via AIM to Groberts Send a message via MSN to Groberts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschultz View Post
My acoustic board went from this:



... to this:



L O V E I T ! !

Mono or stereo, presets galore, PEQ, Reverb, modulation, notch, dual source, routing, effects loop, looper, expression pedal... the list goes on and on and on. I've been a pedal head for a long time, but this is a game changer for me.

Oh, and I also sold my acoustic combo amp and got a FRFR... a Line6 L2t. Amazingly flexible. It can be a FRFR PA, acoustic amp or monitor... and it sounds awesome.

Wow that is super cool! I'm gonna PM you and pick your brain if I may to ask about acoustic tone and adjust ability. I have a fishman Plat Pro EQ preamp on my pedal board and its super easy to change EQ settings on the fly depending on the venue. (i.e. if I need more of less bass, scoop the mids, maybe add a little sparkle etc)

What about feedback notch filitering? Will the Helix offer that too?
__________________
Martin D-41 (2018 Reimagined)
Martin Outlaw 17
Martin OMC-18E
Martin D-18 (2015)
www.heartsoulaz.com
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-27-2017, 01:39 PM
rschultz's Avatar
rschultz rschultz is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Wow that is super cool! I'm gonna PM you and pick your brain if I may to ask about acoustic tone and adjust ability. I have a fishman Plat Pro EQ preamp on my pedal board and its super easy to change EQ settings on the fly depending on the venue. (i.e. if I need more of less bass, scoop the mids, maybe add a little sparkle etc)

What about feedback notch filitering? Will the Helix offer that too?
Yup, it does it all. There are a variety of EQ type options, very easy to control on the fly. I will say the first couple hours were a bit daunting... but once you get past that initial shock of learning something complicated, it is great. It was a lot like learning the Timeline I had... took me a while to learn it, but once I did it was awesome and could do just about anything I wanted.

I had a Fishman Plat Pro once... nice unit but so limiting compared to a Helix.

Looking at the manual just now, there are 5 EQ models: simple, low/high cut, parametric, 10 band, Cali Q. I use the low/high cut on the sound hole humbucker of my dual source rig to cut the low out. Also use the PEQ on my K&K. The PEQ can be setup as a notch with a high Q value.

Also, I forgot to mention it has a couple compressors I like. And it does IR... which I haven't gotten into, but is all the rage here on AGF.

Feel free to PM me...
__________________
'10 Wechter 5712c - LR Baggs M80
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood! - K&K + LR Baggs Anthem SL
'16 Gretsch 6122T Players Edition
‘17 Taylor 714ce
Helix Floor for all 4!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-28-2018, 02:34 AM
merkinball merkinball is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotglade View Post
Yet another iteration. : )

Had to get creative as our band frequently now performs without a bass player.

Solution: Take the low notes from the chords I'm playing and create a bass player from them! Hence the second board on the right. I split my signal using a JHS splitter (bottom left on second picture). The Boss OC3 has a range control to only drop the frequencies I want (E-D on the bottom 2 strings) and I take out all dry signal so I'm just left with the roots of my chords. The SubnUp mini is for another octave down when I really want to rumble the house. Bass board is activated via the mute switch so I can kick it on or off wherever I want in a song/set.





Guitar Chain: Guitar(s) > Tonebone Pz-Pre > MXR Studio Compressor > Sentry Noise Gate > JHS Buffered Splitter > Tapesty Bloomery Volume Pedal (active) > Strymon Dig Delay > Strymon BlueSky Reverb > Neunaber Immerse Reverb > Ditto Looper > Tonebone > PA/amp
The Strymon Tap Favorite switch set up as a favorite switch for the DIG.

Bass Chain: Guitar(s) > Tonebone Pz-Pre > MXR Studio Compressor > Sentry Noise Gate > JHS Buffered Splitter > JHS Mute > MXR Dyna Comp > Boss OC-3 Super Octave > SubnUp Mini > MXR M81 Bass Preamp > PA/amp

Tuner: Boss TU-3s. Fed via the tuner out of the PZ-Pre.
Power: Cioks DC-10 + 9V DC adapter daisy chain for bass board
Board: Pedaltrain Classic Jr. and Pedaltrain Nano+
Awesome pedal board!
What's the brand of the patch cable are you using?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-28-2018, 10:27 AM
gfirob gfirob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 198
Default

I don't have a picture but I do use a Tonedexter:

Martin OM->Tonedexter->A/B box
Telecaster->Vox MV50 mini amp->A/B box
[A/B box t]}->TC Helicon Play Acoustic (Bodyrez zeroed out)->Mackie 802 mixer->Fishman SA220 PA

I get reverb for the guitars and voice from the Play Acoustic, voice compression, EQ and occasional harmonies from the Play acoustic and amp modeling for the Telecaster from the little Vox amp. There is an external foot switch coming off the Play Acoustic for boost and harmonies. I can tweek EQ and individual volume on the mixer as well as add an additional mike for a second singer, if I have one.
__________________
2003 Martin OM-42, K&K's
1932 National Style O, K&K's
1935 Mastertone (Gibson) square neck, lipstick pu
1936 Kalamazoo KG-14, K&K's
Warmoth Telecaster
Ear Trumpet Lab Edwina
Tonedexter
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=