The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-14-2023, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

I guess it will be all hands on deck for the next couple of weeks to help with shipping. I've got to wonder how long it will take to ship >100 guitars that were sold in a single day...

Last edited by RP; 07-15-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:25 AM

I ordered an X7 Nylon and I am waiting for Kevin to have time to check the width of the nut. I am hoping for 48mm or larger.
What a great sale.
Barb
Old 07-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1 View Post
I ordered an X7 Nylon and I am waiting for Kevin to have time to check the width of the nut. I am hoping for 48mm or larger.
What a great sale.
Barb
X7 Nylon? That’s a rare bird, isn’t it - I see they sneak it in as an option in the builder, rather than advertise it as a separate model.

Great catch, though - hope the nut width ends up being what you need!
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 07-14-2023, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Default X7 Nylon

I special ordered a nylon X7 with a 52mm nut - awesome little parlor guitar . . . They DO exist in the wild!

-c

www.Facebook.com/Codymusician
Emerald Ambassador
Emerald X20 Custom Nylon
Emerald X7 Custom Nylon
Emerald X20 Custom Fanfret Acoustic
Old 07-14-2023, 01:58 PM

Thanks, David. I sure do hope that the nut width is what I need. It isn't such a rare bird in my house as I already have an X7 Nylon of the preceding generation. I am looking forward to the larger body and the 24 inch scale on this one. The X7 Nylon I already own has a 24.9 inch scale and a 48mm nut.
Barb
Old 07-14-2023, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
What a great sale! Have to keep telling myself that I don't need another guitar...
I told myself that as I placed the order. New x30-12 on the way
Old 07-14-2023, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Lol and Congrats!!

I told myself the same as I succumbed to an X10!
Old 07-14-2023, 06:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Cool. I've never played one, but the price on one I saw on their website was amazing...
Old 07-14-2023, 10:38 PM
Charter Member

So. Many. Gorgeous. Guitars.

And such a deal! I would say Alistair pulled out all the stops to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Emerald Guitars!
Old 07-14-2023, 10:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Cool. I've never played one, but the price on one I saw on their website was amazing...
It's definitely a bit of a flyer. I've only played a 12 string once and it was a used one on a wall in a random shop in Hawaii.

But, I've always loved the sound and I figured that the carbon should make owning and keeping a 12 string in tune way easier. I've also been thinking about it for a while and as you say the price was too good to pass up.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It's definitely a bit of a flyer. I've only played a 12 string once and it was a used one on a wall in a random shop in Hawaii.

But, I've always loved the sound and I figured that the carbon should make owning and keeping a 12 string in tune way easier. I've also been thinking about it for a while and as you say the price was too good to pass up.
The X20-12s I've owned were amazing, but my arthritic fingers had problems with barre chords...
Old 07-15-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:

I own an X20-12. It definitely stays in tune much better than wooden 12'ers! It also sounds great. I believe you will love it!
Old 07-15-2023, 09:01 AM

Aspiring, I own a short-scale custom X20-12, with a scale length of 24.6" that reduces the string tension by about 7%. It makes that twelve-string a pleasure to play. It even beat out my previous Taylor twelve string for playability. I can let it sit for a couple of weeks and pick it up. Sometimes I have to re-tune one of the plain strings (usually one of the b's) but otherwise it is acceptably in tune on first grab.

An X30-12 should be a tone monster.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Aspiring, I own a short-scale custom X20-12, with a scale length of 24.6" that reduces the string tension by about 7%. It makes that twelve-string a pleasure to play. It even beat out my previous Taylor twelve string for playability. I can let it sit for a couple of weeks and pick it up. Sometimes I have to re-tune one of the plain strings (usually one of the b's) but otherwise it is acceptably in tune on first grab.

An X30-12 should be a tone monster.
Great to hear! I'm excited to check it out. I went back and forth between x20 and x30 but settled on the 30 as I already have an x20 6. I didn't think about the scale length option for easier playability. Luckily my hand strength is still solid.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:35 AM

My hand strength is solid too, but the shorter scale makes it easier, so why not? And custom scale lengths would not be part of this sale. It worked out well, even though I normally play standard 25.5" scale lengths just fine on six-strings. Of course, my foray into a custom short-scale X20 to match it did not work out at all. Long story...

I found the six string version of the X30 to be too "boomy" on the low E forcing me to change my technique. So I moved it on to someone who loves it. But it should work nicely to hold down the low end on a 12-er.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber